Sandra Bullock Granted Permanent Restraining Order Against Longtime Stalker
On Friday morning, August 6, Sandra Bullock has been granted a permanent restraining order against a man who has a history of stalking her and allegedly traveled cross-country to try to meet her after being released from a mental hospital, TMZ reported. The order will remain in place for three years.
Bullock, who didn't attend the Los Angeles hearing, first obtained a restraining order against the stalker, named Thomas James Weldon, in 2003. The order was extended but expired in 2009 because Weldon was being held in a Tennessee mental hospital.
According to Bullock's attorney, Ed McPherson, Weldon traveled to Wyoming in an alleged attempt to meet the "The Proposal" actress once he was released earlier this year. McPherson said, "It's obvious that this fixation on her has not changed despite seven years in the hospital in Tennessee."
Due to the newly-issued order, Weldon is not allowed to try to contact Bullock, her adopted son Louis Bardo Bullock and also the actress' estranged husband Jesse James' three kids Chandler, Sunny and Jesse Jr. McPherson also revealed that Weldon was committed indefinitely to a mental health hospital in Wyoming on Tuesday, August 3.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama