Sandra Bullock Granted Permanent Restraining Order Against Longtime Stalker
On Friday morning, August 6, Sandra Bullock has been granted a permanent restraining order against a man who has a history of stalking her and allegedly traveled cross-country to try to meet her after being released from a mental hospital, TMZ reported. The order will remain in place for three years.
Bullock, who didn't attend the Los Angeles hearing, first obtained a restraining order against the stalker, named Thomas James Weldon, in 2003. The order was extended but expired in 2009 because Weldon was being held in a Tennessee mental hospital.
According to Bullock's attorney, Ed McPherson, Weldon traveled to Wyoming in an alleged attempt to meet the "The Proposal" actress once he was released earlier this year. McPherson said, "It's obvious that this fixation on her has not changed despite seven years in the hospital in Tennessee."
Due to the newly-issued order, Weldon is not allowed to try to contact Bullock, her adopted son Louis Bardo Bullock and also the actress' estranged husband Jesse James' three kids Chandler, Sunny and Jesse Jr. McPherson also revealed that Weldon was committed indefinitely to a mental health hospital in Wyoming on Tuesday, August 3.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard