Sandra Bullock Granted Permanent Restraining Order Against Longtime Stalker
On Friday morning, August 6, Sandra Bullock has been granted a permanent restraining order against a man who has a history of stalking her and allegedly traveled cross-country to try to meet her after being released from a mental hospital, TMZ reported. The order will remain in place for three years.
Bullock, who didn't attend the Los Angeles hearing, first obtained a restraining order against the stalker, named Thomas James Weldon, in 2003. The order was extended but expired in 2009 because Weldon was being held in a Tennessee mental hospital.
According to Bullock's attorney, Ed McPherson, Weldon traveled to Wyoming in an alleged attempt to meet the "The Proposal" actress once he was released earlier this year. McPherson said, "It's obvious that this fixation on her has not changed despite seven years in the hospital in Tennessee."
Due to the newly-issued order, Weldon is not allowed to try to contact Bullock, her adopted son Louis Bardo Bullock and also the actress' estranged husband Jesse James' three kids Chandler, Sunny and Jesse Jr. McPherson also revealed that Weldon was committed indefinitely to a mental health hospital in Wyoming on Tuesday, August 3.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'