Sandra Bullock Granted Permanent Restraining Order Against Longtime Stalker
On Friday morning, August 6, Sandra Bullock has been granted a permanent restraining order against a man who has a history of stalking her and allegedly traveled cross-country to try to meet her after being released from a mental hospital, TMZ reported. The order will remain in place for three years.
Bullock, who didn't attend the Los Angeles hearing, first obtained a restraining order against the stalker, named Thomas James Weldon, in 2003. The order was extended but expired in 2009 because Weldon was being held in a Tennessee mental hospital.
According to Bullock's attorney, Ed McPherson, Weldon traveled to Wyoming in an alleged attempt to meet the "The Proposal" actress once he was released earlier this year. McPherson said, "It's obvious that this fixation on her has not changed despite seven years in the hospital in Tennessee."
Due to the newly-issued order, Weldon is not allowed to try to contact Bullock, her adopted son Louis Bardo Bullock and also the actress' estranged husband Jesse James' three kids Chandler, Sunny and Jesse Jr. McPherson also revealed that Weldon was committed indefinitely to a mental health hospital in Wyoming on Tuesday, August 3.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie