Whoopi Goldberg Explains Feud With White House Crasher
At the Thursday, August 5 episode of "The View", Whoopi Goldberg took the chance to explain the real situation behind the allegation that she hit the talk show's guest Michaele Salahi. The host admitted that she launched "choice words" at "The Real Housewives of D.C." star but denied that she hit her. And Whoopi has a tape to prove it.
Whoopi did not want to extend further into the show to address the situation. Immediately after she sat on the chair, she showed a clip of what happened on the said episode when she appeared from the backstage and startled Michaele from behind. It was then shown from a different angle where it was clear that Whoopi lightly touched Michaele's side instead of giving her a hit.
Whoopi, however, did not deny the fact that she dropped the F word to Michaele while confronting her after the show. "Afterward Michaele was very upset about what was said about her on the air," Whoopi said. "Then I was told she thought I hit her. So I went up to her and I told her that she knew I didn't hit her and yeah, you know how I said it, choice words."
Giving more details, Whoopi recounted, "And I make no apology for my choice words. Then her husband got in my face, had his BlackBerry out and started taking pictures of me. And needless to say, I really went off then. And there was even more choicer words. They were so choice you could have cut them with a knife and eaten them."
But Whoopi chose not to wander off any further, saying "OK. Let's get on to other stuff and leave that old stuff behind."
Michaele and her husband Tareq sent the show a letter through their attorney claiming she was very upset when Joy Behar and Sherri Shepherd called her a White House crasher when in her defense, she got an invitation. This led to a very bad day for Michaele who reportedly broke down in tears in the backstage.
In their Facebook page, Michaele and Tareq said they would also address the incident from their point of view, releasing as well pictures and audio of Whoopi lashing out at Michaele.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates