'HIMYM': Rachel Bilson's Back, Barney Meets Real Dad and More
Creators of "How I Met Your Mother" have confirmed to a number of outlets that Rachel Bilson will be back to the show in season 6. The actress portrays Ted's future wife's roommate Cindy who will pop up at the gang's favorite hangout spot MacLaren's in the season premiere. To EW, Craig Thomas and Carter Bays said, "Her presence will heavily inform the show's first episode back."
Revealing more about the new season, Thomas talked solo to NY Mag about the plots for each character. But he first admitted to have disappointed the fans with the mild season 5. "Season five was a very fun season; we did some of our best episodes... but there wasn't this larger emotional arc like you had in some past seasons," he said.
But summarizing the new season, Thomas gushed, "Season six is just exciting the hell out of us because it has so much blood and guts in it. It's going to bear a lot more resemblance to season one or two. The characters are going to be having a lot of big things happen to them."
In the one-by-one explanation, Thomas said "new perspective on who the mother is" will be introduced as early as the first return episode. Ted finds a new nemesis when he has to tear down a classic New York building for a bank Barney and Marshall work in, Barney will meet his real father, Robin's past as a teen star is dug further with a character named Glitter brought in, while Marshall and Lily have "bumps in their way of getting pregnant".
Meanwhile, there's a plan to shoot on location in Manhattan and Brooklyn. "We want to do this Cannonball Run/Amazing Race-style episode where our characters are all racing through the city," Thomas said. "It would look nothing like the show normally does. It would be more like a crazy little movie. It would be the most fun thing to do."
Last but not least, Wayne Brady will also come back as Barney's not-so-alike brother.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed