'Terra Nova' Yanked Out of San Diego Comic Con
"Terra Nova" is not coming to San Diego Comic Con this year after all. FOX has scrapped the plan to hold a panel giving a glimpse to the "highly anticipated epic family adventure 85 million years in the making" which also comes from the production hand of Steven Spielberg.
Executive producers Brannon Braga and David Fury, director Alex Graves, and star Jason O'Mara were scheduled to attend the second day of the convention to present the show at Room 6A. However, it turns out that no footage is available at such short term, and the producers feel like it's too soon to talk about the project which will only air in midseason 2011.
In fact, production will only start this September. The writers are reluctant to give away too much if the 45 minutes panel is held. "There are a lot of surprises, a lot of reveals that come out throughout the course of season," Fury told EW. "If we talk about the more interesting aspects of the show now, we're afraid we'll ruin the surprise for the audience."
"In this case, everything is moving along steadily, the script has been well-received. We just don't have anything to wow anyone with. It's still in the preliminary stage. It's a huge undertaking."
"Terra Nova" follows an ordinary family embarking on an incredible journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a small part of a massive experiment to save the human race. In the year 2149 the world is dying. The planet is overdeveloped, overcrowded and overpolluted. With the majority of plant and animal life extinct, devotion to science has brought mankind to the brink of destruction, but has also provided its only hope for salvation.
"We are presenting a really cool show with a wonderous primeval world. There are not just dinosaurs. There is a whole ecosystem. There will be plenty of adventures and effects, but this is a show about the characters, the humans," Fury revealed.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M