'Law and Order' Star Alana De La Garza Expecting First Child, Feeling 'Lucky'
Alana De La Garza is going to welcome a new member on her family soon. The actress is currently pregnant with her and husband Michael Roberts' first child and is expected to deliver the baby on October 11, she confirms to People in an interview.
Asked about her feeling now, she says "I have been extremely lucky - kissed by angels." But being pregnant has made her extra tired as she reveals, "After a week of shooting the show, when Saturday comes around I just want to sleep all day. My husband is like, 'Sweetheart, are you going to get out of those sweatpants and get dressed?' I don't think so!"
Alana also does not have any cravings. Instead, she feels aversions which cause her barely able to eat her favorite foods, such as pancakes and Shake Shack burgers. "Things I love I just can't stomach right now," she claims.
The "Law & Order" star plans to find out the sex of the baby in the next few weeks and has considered several names for the child. She further states, "I think we're going to pick out our top three and then wait until we meet the baby to make a final decision."
Since she is still bound to her duty in the TV series, her growing baby bump will affect the storyline. But the filmmakers have found solution for that. "They're going to write it in," she reveals. "My character doesn't have a boyfriend, she's not married, no love interest... in the season finale there's a scene in a bar and I was joking around with everyone as we were filming, saying, 'Oh, I think tonight's the night Connie gets knocked up!' "
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby