'Law and Order' Star Alana De La Garza Expecting First Child, Feeling 'Lucky'
Alana De La Garza is going to welcome a new member on her family soon. The actress is currently pregnant with her and husband Michael Roberts' first child and is expected to deliver the baby on October 11, she confirms to People in an interview.
Asked about her feeling now, she says "I have been extremely lucky - kissed by angels." But being pregnant has made her extra tired as she reveals, "After a week of shooting the show, when Saturday comes around I just want to sleep all day. My husband is like, 'Sweetheart, are you going to get out of those sweatpants and get dressed?' I don't think so!"
Alana also does not have any cravings. Instead, she feels aversions which cause her barely able to eat her favorite foods, such as pancakes and Shake Shack burgers. "Things I love I just can't stomach right now," she claims.
The "Law & Order" star plans to find out the sex of the baby in the next few weeks and has considered several names for the child. She further states, "I think we're going to pick out our top three and then wait until we meet the baby to make a final decision."
Since she is still bound to her duty in the TV series, her growing baby bump will affect the storyline. But the filmmakers have found solution for that. "They're going to write it in," she reveals. "My character doesn't have a boyfriend, she's not married, no love interest... in the season finale there's a scene in a bar and I was joking around with everyone as we were filming, saying, 'Oh, I think tonight's the night Connie gets knocked up!' "
More Law & Order News
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women