2010 ACM Awards: Lady Antebellum Dominate Early Winners
Kicked off with a live duet between Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood, the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards continues by announcing the winners of the evening one by one. And, Lady Antebellum have scooped two prizes already.
The first award, Song of the Year, is handed to the country music trio by Faith Hill. After Laura Bell Bundy and Toby Keith make live performances, Joe Nichols and Olympic gold medal skier Lindsay Vaughn come onto the stage to reveal Hillary Scott and co. as recipient of Single Record of the Year.
"I don't think this can compare to a gold medal," the band's female member says upon receiving the second trophy for single "Need You Know". Charles Kelley adds, "We're living our dream. This is what we've waited our whole life for."
One day before the ACM ceremony takes place on April 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, a pre-event was held at the same venue. Miranda Lambert took home an award for Video of the Year, thanks to her "White Liar" clip. Also, Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins snatched Vocal Event of the Year title for their joint track "Hillbilly Bone".
At the Sunday gala after he makes a "Hillbilly Bone" duet with Trace, Blake opts to address their victory, saying "Thank you all so much for giving us this award tonight." Trace replies, "I can't believe he won" to which Blake responds with a joke, "What the hell do you mean we can't believe we won?"
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights