2010 ACM Awards: Full Winners List, Carrie Underwood Wins Entertainer of the Year
Beside saluting country music musicians, this year's Academy of Country Music Awards also marks Brooks & Dunn's last performance as a duo at the event before they split later this year. They deliver fans-voted song "My Maria" and walk home with Vocal Duo of the Year.
After handed the prize by Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood, they move to the podium for an acceptance speech. "We are currently in therapy with Brett Favre trying to figure out how to waffle on this," Kix Brooks jokes after previously thanking fans for an amazing 20 years. Ronnie Dunn, meanwhile, offers a simple "thank you", smiles and waves before exiting the stage.
Miranda Lambert once again beats Carrie Underwood. Earlier that evening, she blocked the "American Idol" alum for winning Album of the Year and now prevents her from taking home Top Female Vocalist of the Year which is presented by Josh Duhamel.
Miranda seems to be very surprised with her latest winning. She turns to Blake Shelton and asks, "Did he just say me?" Receiving a hug from Carrie, she comes onto the stage to collect the award, saying "You have got to be kidding me."
Later on, Carrie is announced as recipient for Entertainer of the Year, forcing Taylor Swift to go home empty-handed. She also pushes aside Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, George Strait, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band. Excited about the top prize, Carrie thanks everyone who has helped and supported her in her career. She is the first female act to win Entertainer of the Year for two years in a row.
Closing the awards show on April 18 night is Darius Rucker with "Forever Road". Other winners include Joey and Rory and Gloriana who win Top New Vocal Duo and Top New Vocal Group respectively.
Winners list of 2010 ACM Awards:
- Song of the Year: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Single Record of the Year: Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
- Video of the Year: Miranda Lambert - "White Liar"
- Vocal Event of the Year: Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins - "Hillbilly Bon"
- Top New Artist: Luke Bryan
- Album of the Year: Miranda Lambert - "Revolution"
- Humanitarian Award: Montgomery Gentry
- Triple-Crown Award: Carrie Underwood
- Top Vocal Group of the Year: Lady Antebellum
- Top Male Vocalist of the Year: Brad Paisley
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Brooks & Dunn
- Top Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Entertainer of the Year: Carrie Underwood
- Top New Vocalist: Luke Bryan
- Top New Vocal Duo: Joey and Rory
- Top New Vocal Group: Gloriana
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor