Pics: Whitney Houston Kicks Off European Gig Post Throat Infection
After canceling the first three U.K. dates of her comeback tour following her respiratory infection, Whitney Houston was back on stage at the LG Arena in Birmingham, England on April 13. Entering the stage in white shimmery outfit, she told the crowd, "I'm feeling pretty good myself. Thank you for asking."
When performing two songs from her latest album "I Look to You" in the beginning of the concert, Whitney got some trouble with her microphone, but one of her people was quick to hand her a replacement. "My head mic broke... but I always have a spare," she joked.
"It has been a long time since I've been to Birmingham but what a pleasure it is to be here," she continued. "I thank you for your love and loyalty. Tonight I want you to enjoy yourselves, have a good look, do your thing. If you want to sing along to me, sing in the right key - I've seen 'X Factor'. I know Simon [Cowell] too."
After around six songs were delivered, Whitney exited the stage to catch her breath, take a brief rest and change her clothes. "Thank you for being patient. I heard you got a little p***ed off while I changed my clothes and dried off. But I'm here now," she said upon her return.
The set list of her "Nothing But Love" Tuesday concert included "I Wanna Dance with Somebody", "I'm Every Woman", "I Will Always Love You", "All My Love for You". Saved as the last treatment before the lights were off was "Million Dollar Bill".
More Whitney Houston News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer