Whitney Houston Postpones Three More Shows
Whitney Houston has canceled the first three British dates of her comeback tour after doctors in Paris, France diagnosed her with a severe respiratory infection. The "I Will Always Love You" superstar scrapped a show in the French capital on Tuesday, April 6, the first European gig of her "Nothing But Love World Tour", after she fell ill.
Reports in the French press suggest the singer was admitted to a Parisian hospital, while a representative for the star confirms Houston was treated by medics for chronic rhino pharyngitis, a swelling of the membranes in the nose and throat. Houston has now postponed three of her upcoming shows in the U.K. so she can fully recover.
A statement from Houston's record label reads, "Doctors visited Whitney late last night in Paris and confirmed that she was suffering from an upper respiratory infection. Upon medical advice Whitney has been advised that she cannot perform to allow her time to recover."
The shows affected include two gigs in Manchester, England on Thursday and Friday, April 8 and 9 and a concert in Glasgow, Scotland on Sunday, April 11. All three performances have been rescheduled for May and June.
The scrapped shows are the latest in a string of setbacks on Houston's world tour - her recent performances in Australia were mauled by critics after she struggled to breathe throughout her set, prompting fears she had started taking drugs again, a claim her lawyer vehemently denied.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child