Whitney Houston Postpones Three More Shows
Whitney Houston has canceled the first three British dates of her comeback tour after doctors in Paris, France diagnosed her with a severe respiratory infection. The "I Will Always Love You" superstar scrapped a show in the French capital on Tuesday, April 6, the first European gig of her "Nothing But Love World Tour", after she fell ill.
Reports in the French press suggest the singer was admitted to a Parisian hospital, while a representative for the star confirms Houston was treated by medics for chronic rhino pharyngitis, a swelling of the membranes in the nose and throat. Houston has now postponed three of her upcoming shows in the U.K. so she can fully recover.
A statement from Houston's record label reads, "Doctors visited Whitney late last night in Paris and confirmed that she was suffering from an upper respiratory infection. Upon medical advice Whitney has been advised that she cannot perform to allow her time to recover."
The shows affected include two gigs in Manchester, England on Thursday and Friday, April 8 and 9 and a concert in Glasgow, Scotland on Sunday, April 11. All three performances have been rescheduled for May and June.
The scrapped shows are the latest in a string of setbacks on Houston's world tour - her recent performances in Australia were mauled by critics after she struggled to breathe throughout her set, prompting fears she had started taking drugs again, a claim her lawyer vehemently denied.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event