'American Idol' Judges Save Michael Lynche From Elimination
After three weeks straight of girls elimination (Lacey Brown, Paige Miles and Didi Benami), Wednesday, April 7 episode of "American Idol" saw only men in the bottom three. Andrew Garcia, Aaron Kelly and Michael Lynche received the lowest vote for their performance in John Lennon - Paul McCartney week.
None of the three men were ever in the bottom three during the Top 12 performance before. The result was even more surprising when Adam and Aaron were declared safe while Mike who continued to impress the judges in previous weeks but this one was announced as the eliminated one. However, the 26-year-old Queens, N.Y. native was lucky that Judges' Save is valid again this season.
In unanimous vote, the judges decided to use their one-time only chance to save a contestant from elimination. "We have decided we're going to see you next week," Simon Cowell declared. This means two contestants will be sent packing next week where Adam Lambert, the runner up of season 8, will mentor the Top 9. The theme however is not yet revealed.
On another news, TV Guide reported that Shania Twain who guest judged in audition round, will be back to the show as mentor in, possibly, a country-themed week. Her rep declined to confirm but said, "Shania really enjoyed doing the show. She'd love to go back."
More American Idol News
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order