'American Idol' Judges Save Michael Lynche From Elimination
After three weeks straight of girls elimination (Lacey Brown, Paige Miles and Didi Benami), Wednesday, April 7 episode of "American Idol" saw only men in the bottom three. Andrew Garcia, Aaron Kelly and Michael Lynche received the lowest vote for their performance in John Lennon - Paul McCartney week.
None of the three men were ever in the bottom three during the Top 12 performance before. The result was even more surprising when Adam and Aaron were declared safe while Mike who continued to impress the judges in previous weeks but this one was announced as the eliminated one. However, the 26-year-old Queens, N.Y. native was lucky that Judges' Save is valid again this season.
In unanimous vote, the judges decided to use their one-time only chance to save a contestant from elimination. "We have decided we're going to see you next week," Simon Cowell declared. This means two contestants will be sent packing next week where Adam Lambert, the runner up of season 8, will mentor the Top 9. The theme however is not yet revealed.
On another news, TV Guide reported that Shania Twain who guest judged in audition round, will be back to the show as mentor in, possibly, a country-themed week. Her rep declined to confirm but said, "Shania really enjoyed doing the show. She'd love to go back."
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch