'American Idol' Judges Save Michael Lynche From Elimination
After three weeks straight of girls elimination (Lacey Brown, Paige Miles and Didi Benami), Wednesday, April 7 episode of "American Idol" saw only men in the bottom three. Andrew Garcia, Aaron Kelly and Michael Lynche received the lowest vote for their performance in John Lennon - Paul McCartney week.
None of the three men were ever in the bottom three during the Top 12 performance before. The result was even more surprising when Adam and Aaron were declared safe while Mike who continued to impress the judges in previous weeks but this one was announced as the eliminated one. However, the 26-year-old Queens, N.Y. native was lucky that Judges' Save is valid again this season.
In unanimous vote, the judges decided to use their one-time only chance to save a contestant from elimination. "We have decided we're going to see you next week," Simon Cowell declared. This means two contestants will be sent packing next week where Adam Lambert, the runner up of season 8, will mentor the Top 9. The theme however is not yet revealed.
On another news, TV Guide reported that Shania Twain who guest judged in audition round, will be back to the show as mentor in, possibly, a country-themed week. Her rep declined to confirm but said, "Shania really enjoyed doing the show. She'd love to go back."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour