'American Idol' Judges Save Michael Lynche From Elimination
After three weeks straight of girls elimination (Lacey Brown, Paige Miles and Didi Benami), Wednesday, April 7 episode of "American Idol" saw only men in the bottom three. Andrew Garcia, Aaron Kelly and Michael Lynche received the lowest vote for their performance in John Lennon - Paul McCartney week.
None of the three men were ever in the bottom three during the Top 12 performance before. The result was even more surprising when Adam and Aaron were declared safe while Mike who continued to impress the judges in previous weeks but this one was announced as the eliminated one. However, the 26-year-old Queens, N.Y. native was lucky that Judges' Save is valid again this season.
In unanimous vote, the judges decided to use their one-time only chance to save a contestant from elimination. "We have decided we're going to see you next week," Simon Cowell declared. This means two contestants will be sent packing next week where Adam Lambert, the runner up of season 8, will mentor the Top 9. The theme however is not yet revealed.
On another news, TV Guide reported that Shania Twain who guest judged in audition round, will be back to the show as mentor in, possibly, a country-themed week. Her rep declined to confirm but said, "Shania really enjoyed doing the show. She'd love to go back."
More American Idol News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective