2010 Oscars: Neil Patrick Harris Opened With Musical Number
Neil Patrick Harris not only surprised 82nd Annual Academy Awards viewers with his appearance, but also took the prestigious event by storm. His musical number was an unannounced feature at the Sunday, March 7 gala which was held at the Kodak Theater, Hollywood.
Wearing a sequined tuxedo, Harris performed an elaborate musical number that has references to some movies from "Gone With the Wind" to "Harold & Kumar" to "Twilight". He kicked it off by answering to question "Why am I doing here?" as response to audience in awe. He then sang the main song "No One Wants to Do It Alone" to introduce the dual hosts, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin whom he referred to as "the biggest pair since Dolly Parton."
The hosts then descended to the stage from a suspension, running towards the audience hand in hand. They started the evening with jokes at each other's expense. While Baldwin introduced his partner as an actor, writer, filmmaker, musician and more, Martin dryly said, "And this is Alec Baldwin". The jokes continued with targets such as Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", Sandra Bullock and directors/ex-lovers James Cameron and Katheryn Bigelow.
2010 Oscars: Photo Gallery | Winners List
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak