2010 Oscars: Neil Patrick Harris Opened With Musical Number
Neil Patrick Harris not only surprised 82nd Annual Academy Awards viewers with his appearance, but also took the prestigious event by storm. His musical number was an unannounced feature at the Sunday, March 7 gala which was held at the Kodak Theater, Hollywood.
Wearing a sequined tuxedo, Harris performed an elaborate musical number that has references to some movies from "Gone With the Wind" to "Harold & Kumar" to "Twilight". He kicked it off by answering to question "Why am I doing here?" as response to audience in awe. He then sang the main song "No One Wants to Do It Alone" to introduce the dual hosts, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin whom he referred to as "the biggest pair since Dolly Parton."
The hosts then descended to the stage from a suspension, running towards the audience hand in hand. They started the evening with jokes at each other's expense. While Baldwin introduced his partner as an actor, writer, filmmaker, musician and more, Martin dryly said, "And this is Alec Baldwin". The jokes continued with targets such as Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", Sandra Bullock and directors/ex-lovers James Cameron and Katheryn Bigelow.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off