2010 Oscars: Neil Patrick Harris Opened With Musical Number
Neil Patrick Harris not only surprised 82nd Annual Academy Awards viewers with his appearance, but also took the prestigious event by storm. His musical number was an unannounced feature at the Sunday, March 7 gala which was held at the Kodak Theater, Hollywood.
Wearing a sequined tuxedo, Harris performed an elaborate musical number that has references to some movies from "Gone With the Wind" to "Harold & Kumar" to "Twilight". He kicked it off by answering to question "Why am I doing here?" as response to audience in awe. He then sang the main song "No One Wants to Do It Alone" to introduce the dual hosts, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin whom he referred to as "the biggest pair since Dolly Parton."
The hosts then descended to the stage from a suspension, running towards the audience hand in hand. They started the evening with jokes at each other's expense. While Baldwin introduced his partner as an actor, writer, filmmaker, musician and more, Martin dryly said, "And this is Alec Baldwin". The jokes continued with targets such as Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", Sandra Bullock and directors/ex-lovers James Cameron and Katheryn Bigelow.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding