2010 Oscars: Neil Patrick Harris Opened With Musical Number
Neil Patrick Harris not only surprised 82nd Annual Academy Awards viewers with his appearance, but also took the prestigious event by storm. His musical number was an unannounced feature at the Sunday, March 7 gala which was held at the Kodak Theater, Hollywood.
Wearing a sequined tuxedo, Harris performed an elaborate musical number that has references to some movies from "Gone With the Wind" to "Harold & Kumar" to "Twilight". He kicked it off by answering to question "Why am I doing here?" as response to audience in awe. He then sang the main song "No One Wants to Do It Alone" to introduce the dual hosts, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin whom he referred to as "the biggest pair since Dolly Parton."
The hosts then descended to the stage from a suspension, running towards the audience hand in hand. They started the evening with jokes at each other's expense. While Baldwin introduced his partner as an actor, writer, filmmaker, musician and more, Martin dryly said, "And this is Alec Baldwin". The jokes continued with targets such as Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", Sandra Bullock and directors/ex-lovers James Cameron and Katheryn Bigelow.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake