2010 Oscars: Neil Patrick Harris Opened With Musical Number
Neil Patrick Harris not only surprised 82nd Annual Academy Awards viewers with his appearance, but also took the prestigious event by storm. His musical number was an unannounced feature at the Sunday, March 7 gala which was held at the Kodak Theater, Hollywood.
Wearing a sequined tuxedo, Harris performed an elaborate musical number that has references to some movies from "Gone With the Wind" to "Harold & Kumar" to "Twilight". He kicked it off by answering to question "Why am I doing here?" as response to audience in awe. He then sang the main song "No One Wants to Do It Alone" to introduce the dual hosts, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin whom he referred to as "the biggest pair since Dolly Parton."
The hosts then descended to the stage from a suspension, running towards the audience hand in hand. They started the evening with jokes at each other's expense. While Baldwin introduced his partner as an actor, writer, filmmaker, musician and more, Martin dryly said, "And this is Alec Baldwin". The jokes continued with targets such as Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", Sandra Bullock and directors/ex-lovers James Cameron and Katheryn Bigelow.
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'