Full Winners List of 2010 Oscars
The 82nd Annual Academy Awards has just been wrapped and "The Hurt Locker" comes home victorious that night with six kudos, more than other movies. The drama has successfully beaten out strong competitors such as "Avatar", "Up in the Air", "Inglourious Basterds" as well as "Up" to get the title of Best Motion Picture of the Year.
"The Hurt Locker" celebration is completed with Kathryn Bigelow's win for Best Achievement in Directing category. Though it comes as no surprise for most people, the helmer keeps grounded during her acceptance speech and thanks the troops, saying "They're there for us, and we're there for them." The other Oscars statuettes collected by the film are for Best Editing, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing as well as Best Original Screenplay.
Following "The Hurt Locker" is "Avatar" with three prizes. The sci-fi has aided Rick Carter, Robert Stromberg and Kim Sinclair to receive Best Art Direction gong, as well as led Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones to win Best Visual Effects kudo. The James Cameron-directed film additionally helps Mauro Fiore to win its first Oscars for Best Cinematography category.
Sandra Bullock, who was named Worst Actress at 2010 Razzie Awards for her performance in "All About Steve", has managed cover the bad title with her Best Actress kudo from Oscars for her portrayal of Leigh Anne Tuohy in "The Blind Side". Meanwhile, in best male actor category, Jeff Bridges from "Crazy Heart" comes out as the winner.
Full Winners List of the 82nd Annual Academy Awards:
- Best Motion Picture of the Year: "The Hurt Locker"
- Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges - "Crazy Heart"
- Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock - "The Blind Side"
- Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz - "Inglourious Basterds"
- Performance by Actress in a Supporting Role: Mo'Nique - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Achievement in Directing: Kathryn Bigelow - "The Hurt Locker"
- Adapted Screenplay: Geoffrey Fletcher - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Original Screenplay: Mark Boal - "The Hurt Locker"
- Best Animated Feature Film of the Year: "Up"
- Best Documentary Feature: "The Cove"
- Best Foreign Language Film of the Year: "El secreto de sus ojos" ("The Secret of Her Eyes") - Juan Jose Campanella, Argentina
- Achievement in Art Direction: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg (Art Direction), Kim Sinclair (Set Decoration) - "Avatar"
- Achievement in Cinematography: Mauro Fiore - "Avatar"
- Achievement in Costume Design: Sandy Powell - "The Young Victoria"
- Achievement in Film Editing: Bob Murawski and Chris Innis - "The Hurt Locker"
- Achievement in Makeup: Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlo - "Star Trek"
- Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Score): Michael Giacchino - "Up"
- Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song): "The Weary Kind" - Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett - "Crazy Heart"
- Achievement in Sound Editing: Paul N.J. Ottosson - "The Hurt Locker"
- Achievement in Sound Mixing: Paul N.J. Ottosson and Ray Beckett - "The Hurt Locker"
- Achievement in Visual Effects: Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones - "Avatar"
- Best Documentary Short Subject: "Music by Prudence"
- Best Animated Short Film: "Logorama"
- Best Live Action Short Film: "The New Tenants"
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!