Four Go Home, 'American Idol' Top 20 Revealed
Some shocking turns came up on "American Idol" result show. While Tim Urban and Haley Vaughn who did bad on the performance night get to stay in the competition, judges' favorites Joe Munoz and Ashley Rodriguez went home.
Two from the girls and another two from the guys were eliminated from the Top 24 based on the audience vote which clocked in at 24 million on Wednesday, February 24 night. Joining Ashley and Joe as the outcast are Janelle Wheeler and Tyler Grady.
Ashley was the first to be announced to leave the show, being pitted against Didi Benami. She reprised her rendition of "Happy" which Simon Cowell thought was "clumsy" during her performance night. Joe was next, put in the bottom two of the guys with Tim. He also took the stage for the last time singing "You and I Both". Joe's exit is somehow an irony since Kara DioGuardi said in terms of singing, Joe was "the best".
Janell was in the bottom two with Katie Stevens. She sang Heart's "What About Love" in the performance night which Kara thought was way too big for her voice. Meanwhile, Tyler was the last one sent home, saving Alex Lambert from elimination. He was kind of complaining how he did not get constructive criticism while in the Hollywood week and last night's came too late.
The result show was opened by a group sing of "American Boy". Last season's contestant Allison Iraheta debuted her new song "Scars" while season 8's winner Kris Allen came to both perform and talk about Idol Gives Back's efforts in Haiti. Next week, the Top 20 will continue their journey, no longer separated by their gender.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event