'One Tree Hill' and 'Melrose Place' May Get Canceled
The CW has begun separating which shows will be back for another season and which are not. "One Tree Hill" and "Melrose Place" are unfortunately found among the uncertain pile since the execs are not exactly pleased with their ratings.
Spoiler TV is running a story that the network is ready to renew "Gossip Girl", "Smallville", "Supernatural", "The Vampire Diaries", "90210" and "America's Next Top Model". The official announcement of the pick-up reportedly will be made next month.
In the meantime, "One Tree Hill" which has survived seven seasons is in jeopardy since some of the contracts are "messy". Even if it will come back for season 8, there will be some budget cuts and axed cast or crew. However, SoapNet would be its safety net should it get canceled.
"Melrose Place" has an even slimmer chance to come back. The remake show has been struggling with rating and although Heather Locklear's involvement raked in additional viewers, the network is not fully satisfied. It is most likely to get canceled but international interest is available. Decision will be made in May.
One show is in the middle of things. "Life Unexpected" which gets a good acceptance upon its premiere this midseason will have to show a steady rating first before The CW can lay down the verdict. Nevertheless, Spoiler TV said the execs are leaning heavily toward a renewal for another midseason.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!