'One Tree Hill' and 'Melrose Place' May Get Canceled
The CW has begun separating which shows will be back for another season and which are not. "One Tree Hill" and "Melrose Place" are unfortunately found among the uncertain pile since the execs are not exactly pleased with their ratings.
Spoiler TV is running a story that the network is ready to renew "Gossip Girl", "Smallville", "Supernatural", "The Vampire Diaries", "90210" and "America's Next Top Model". The official announcement of the pick-up reportedly will be made next month.
In the meantime, "One Tree Hill" which has survived seven seasons is in jeopardy since some of the contracts are "messy". Even if it will come back for season 8, there will be some budget cuts and axed cast or crew. However, SoapNet would be its safety net should it get canceled.
"Melrose Place" has an even slimmer chance to come back. The remake show has been struggling with rating and although Heather Locklear's involvement raked in additional viewers, the network is not fully satisfied. It is most likely to get canceled but international interest is available. Decision will be made in May.
One show is in the middle of things. "Life Unexpected" which gets a good acceptance upon its premiere this midseason will have to show a steady rating first before The CW can lay down the verdict. Nevertheless, Spoiler TV said the execs are leaning heavily toward a renewal for another midseason.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab