'American Idol' in Denver: Jack Black Clone, Pretty Hair and Bikini Boy
"American Idol" visited Denver as the last stop in the audition round, coming up with 26 hopefuls. The first auditioner of the day was Mark Labriola who claimed at least once a day people tell him he looks like Jack Black. Before he got to sing, Simon Cowell asked him to mention one interesting thing about him. Mark said his mother took him away from his father when he was 4, making them kind of fugitive. Simon then irritated Kara DioGuardi with his questions to Mark about the family. Nevertheless, Mark got 4 votes of yes.
Two more people earned the golden tickets through unanimous votes but it was not the case with Casey James. Victoria Adams, who is back in the judging seat, wanted him to let his hair down while Kara wanted him to unbutton his shirt. Simon said he has no charisma but the girls disagreed. It was up to Randy Jackson, who later sided on the girls.
Simon again was against the other three when Tori Kelly showed up. Her sister Hope brought pictures of the judges who loved the approach. Simon unfortunately thought Tori's voice annoying but Victoria said Tori has the whole package and was the "best voice" that day. Kara and Randy agreed and she went through to Hollywood. Simon said his fellow judges were "mad".
The second day in Denver was highlighted by a cocky footballer who claimed that he's a singer-songwriter too. Austin Paul sang "Bigger Than My Body" but the judges captured something unpleasant about him beyond the mediocre voice. Victoria said she felt itchy when Austin hugged his body while singing. He got unanimous no.
The last contestant of the day reminded viewers of season 8's Bikini Girl, only this time it's a he. Bikini Boy Ty Hemmerling came in to sing Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart" but he couldn't even remember the lyrics. The judges left the place before he could finish.
- Mark Labriola
- Casey James
- Tori Kelly
- Ty Hemmerling
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed