36th People's Choice: Ellen DeGeneres, Steve Carell Claim Early Prizes
The first announced winner at the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards was "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". The talk show won over "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and "The Tyra Show" in the category of Favorite TV Talk Show which was voted through texting VOTE to 24475.
"Thank you so much; that's very, very kind of you," Ellen DeGeneres said when collecting her prize. "This is an honor. I'm proud to be in the category with all the other nominees. Thank you so much. Oprah, I love you and I'm sorry to hear your show got canceled, so I share this with you." She added, "I like people. I've liked people for a long time, so this [award] means a lot to me."
Another category was read out later by Jenna Elfman and Chevy Chase. "The Big Bang Theory" won Favorite TV Comedy, beating "Two and a Half Men", "The Office", "Desperate Housewives" and "How I Met Your Mother".
"Office" however, won through Steve Carell who took Favorite TV Comedy Actor. "Ladies and gentlemen, if you would repeat after me, 'That's what she said'," Carell said in reference to his character Michael Scott's favorite catchphrase. Winning the Female TV Comedy Actress meanwhile, was Alyson Hannigan from "How I Met".
Meanwhile, the Favorite Drama Actor was given to Hugh Laurie from "House M.D.". In the category he triumphed over Kiefer Sutherland and Matthew Fox among others.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie