Rachel Bilson Joins 'How I Met Your Mother', Possibly as Mama
When the producers of "How I Met Your Mother" talked about adding a new character for its 100th episode, they didn't mention that they would cast an actress as established as Rachel Bilson. The former "The O.C." star has been hired for a one-time stint, although many believe that she would fill in the pivotal role of the mother.
In September, Executive Producer Craig Thomas told EW that in celebration of the milestone, the show will get some serious "mother action" during the episode. He added, "It'll be the closest Ted's ever come to [discovering who she is]. He's getting a step closer every episode this season, and episode 100 [we] kind of go bananas with it."
Thomas' production partner Carter Bays also shared the same kind of clue regarding the episode, saying "Ted will also get as close to meeting the mom as he's ever before. I don't want to give it away, but he gets so tantalizingly close, it's ridiculous."
For one thing, Bilson's rep has confirmed that she won't be a recurring role. Thus, the possibility of Bilson being the mother is not yet crystal clear.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'