'So You Think You Can Dance': 10 Become 8
After the top ten of "So You Think You Can Dance" season 5 delivered impressive performances Wednesday, America dropped the axe on two least favorite dancers Thursday, July 16. The elimination show was kicked off with the top ten performing Wade and Amanda Robson-choreographed routine to Janet Jackson's "So Much Betta".
Before a preview of what happened on performance night, host Cat Deeley came on stage to announce that the show grabbed 4 Emmy Awards' nominations for Choreography. Then, results for the top five girls were read. Janette who was the first to be called, was safe, but Randi became the first one to get in the bottom two. Jeanine was next and she's also safe, leaving Kayla and Melissa. Melissa joined Randi in the unsafe group.
After a short break, more footage from the upcoming season 6 auditions were previewed and the top five boys were up. Jason was the first man safe followed by Evan. Kupono, in the meantime, landed the bottom two. When Brandon was told to off the hook, it left Ade in the bottom two as well. The bottom two boys and girls, then, delivered one final solo performance.
Black Eyed Peas, subsequently, took the stage to sing their hit song "I Gotta Feeling" of new album "The E.N.D.". Thereafter, the final results were announced. Randi was out while Melissa will be back for another round in the girls' division. For the boys, Ade, like Melissa, survived the week, whereas Kupono was sent packing.
Next week is the 99th and 100th episodes of "So You Think You Can Dance". Katie Holmes will be making a guest appearance on the 100th episode airing July 23. She is expected to make a tribute to Judy Garland by dancing a Tyce Diorio's choreography.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed