Kate Plus 8 Minus Jon: Divorce Officially Announced
The smoke has been cleared, Jon and Kate Gosselin announced their separation on the Monday, June 22 episode of "Jon & Kate Plus 8". The couple is getting divorce which they thought would be best for both of them and the kids. "I don't hate Kate," Jon said during the episode, "but ... you know, I have to do what's best for me and my kids."
While Jon was seemingly more firm about the decision, Kate was still weighing on the matter. "We haven't really known where we were going, but we've been dealing with this for... a long time," she stated. Later on she admitted, "I'm not very fond of the idea personally, but I know it's necessary because my goal is peace for the kids."
The crack of their relationship began in February this year when Jon was spotted with another woman and was accused of an affair. But in his defense regarding what really happened between him and Kate, Jon said "People think I've changed, and I have changed. But I'm now the person I know I am." He emphasized that the fact they were arguing in front of the kids was just a bad idea, saying "If we can't be cordial with one another then we've decided to separate".
In a further statement, Jon's apparent reason was spilled when he took a jab at the media. "We have soldiers over in Iraq, dying for our country, and all these people care about is what I eat for lunch," he said. However, Jon and Kate have decided that the show must go on, thus the series will preserve on TLC.
The kids will remain in their Wernersville, Pa. home, and the parents will take turns staying with them. People magazine reported that documents to their split were filed on Monday, June 22 afternoon in Pennsylvania.
"We can't go back now. We can only go forward. And that's what we're going to do, and we're going to learn a lot going forward. And I know that we'll all come out of this on the other side, hopefully stronger, better, wiser," said Kate who confessed that she sobbed harder than she has "ever sobbed" in her life.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video