Swizz Beatz Submits Five Songs for Eminem's 'Relapse'
During an interview at one of the fundraiser events in the Big Apple, Swizz Beatz revealed that he has submitted five songs to Eminem for his sixth major studio album "Relapse". Noting that one of them is a track which features 50 Cent and Dr. Dre, Swizz refused to share further. "I don't know the title yet, but it's classic. It's sounding big," he told MTV.
However, in a further statement, Swizz managed to give a peek at another song that he worked on. "You know how 'Stan' ... was the big [song]?" he asked, referring to Dido-featuring single from Eminem's 2000 "The Marshall Mathers LP". "So I worked on part 2, and I think it was, like, totally genius."
"It's different," Swizz said when pursued further about the details on Eminem's upcoming effort. "Different sound, different mindframe. He's clear. But it's the Eminem that you missed, that you loved, that you need, especially right now in the industry, going into '09. He's coming back to take the cake."
Emphasizing that "a lot of people supporting him [Eminem] this time," Swizz stated, "everyone's bringing forth their best on that level." He then added, "How it works: They get a whole bunch of songs and it's not over until the budget is closed and the artwork is done. It's just an ongoing thing."
Previously, Universal Music Group's executive Jimmy Iovine told Billboard that Dr. Dre stopped working on his own record to finish Eminem's "Relapse". He said, "I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything."
More Eminem News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower