Swizz Beatz Submits Five Songs for Eminem's 'Relapse'
During an interview at one of the fundraiser events in the Big Apple, Swizz Beatz revealed that he has submitted five songs to Eminem for his sixth major studio album "Relapse". Noting that one of them is a track which features 50 Cent and Dr. Dre, Swizz refused to share further. "I don't know the title yet, but it's classic. It's sounding big," he told MTV.
However, in a further statement, Swizz managed to give a peek at another song that he worked on. "You know how 'Stan' ... was the big [song]?" he asked, referring to Dido-featuring single from Eminem's 2000 "The Marshall Mathers LP". "So I worked on part 2, and I think it was, like, totally genius."
"It's different," Swizz said when pursued further about the details on Eminem's upcoming effort. "Different sound, different mindframe. He's clear. But it's the Eminem that you missed, that you loved, that you need, especially right now in the industry, going into '09. He's coming back to take the cake."
Emphasizing that "a lot of people supporting him [Eminem] this time," Swizz stated, "everyone's bringing forth their best on that level." He then added, "How it works: They get a whole bunch of songs and it's not over until the budget is closed and the artwork is done. It's just an ongoing thing."
Previously, Universal Music Group's executive Jimmy Iovine told Billboard that Dr. Dre stopped working on his own record to finish Eminem's "Relapse". He said, "I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby