The CW Considers 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
Good news for "Melrose Place" fans. The speculation around the series' spin-off now has been confirmed by The CW network spokesman, Paul Hewitt himself. The former hit soap opera will have its upcoming spin-off soon in 2009.
In the meantime, both The CW and CBS Paramount Network Television are exploring the possibility to put the remake in development for the 2009-10 TV season. In fact, according to EW's Michael Ausiello, "Melrose 2.0", the tentative title to the spin-off, is believed to premiere next fall.
Previously, the original series creator, Darren Star, has said on the possibility of "Melrose Place" repackaged, and assumed that it would be a fun project to do. He said, "I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. If it can be put together in the right way," then added, "Regardless of whether they do it or not, whether I'm part of it or not, I think it would be a fun thing to do."
The success of the new "90210", impacts similar old series like "Melrose Place" to be refurbished and aired again. "Melrose Place" is the FOX American soap opera that first premiered in 1992 and ran until 1999.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal