The CW Considers 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
Good news for "Melrose Place" fans. The speculation around the series' spin-off now has been confirmed by The CW network spokesman, Paul Hewitt himself. The former hit soap opera will have its upcoming spin-off soon in 2009.
In the meantime, both The CW and CBS Paramount Network Television are exploring the possibility to put the remake in development for the 2009-10 TV season. In fact, according to EW's Michael Ausiello, "Melrose 2.0", the tentative title to the spin-off, is believed to premiere next fall.
Previously, the original series creator, Darren Star, has said on the possibility of "Melrose Place" repackaged, and assumed that it would be a fun project to do. He said, "I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. If it can be put together in the right way," then added, "Regardless of whether they do it or not, whether I'm part of it or not, I think it would be a fun thing to do."
The success of the new "90210", impacts similar old series like "Melrose Place" to be refurbished and aired again. "Melrose Place" is the FOX American soap opera that first premiered in 1992 and ran until 1999.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media