The CW Considers 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
Good news for "Melrose Place" fans. The speculation around the series' spin-off now has been confirmed by The CW network spokesman, Paul Hewitt himself. The former hit soap opera will have its upcoming spin-off soon in 2009.
In the meantime, both The CW and CBS Paramount Network Television are exploring the possibility to put the remake in development for the 2009-10 TV season. In fact, according to EW's Michael Ausiello, "Melrose 2.0", the tentative title to the spin-off, is believed to premiere next fall.
Previously, the original series creator, Darren Star, has said on the possibility of "Melrose Place" repackaged, and assumed that it would be a fun project to do. He said, "I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. If it can be put together in the right way," then added, "Regardless of whether they do it or not, whether I'm part of it or not, I think it would be a fun thing to do."
The success of the new "90210", impacts similar old series like "Melrose Place" to be refurbished and aired again. "Melrose Place" is the FOX American soap opera that first premiered in 1992 and ran until 1999.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones