Keira Knightley Opens Up About Sex Scene in 'The Duchess'
Acting picky when it comes to strip off on screen, Keira Knightley has agreed to appear in intimate love scenes for her new role in the forthcoming big screen movie "The Duchess." Playing the lead character, Georgiana Spencer, she willingly shares her experience filming love scenes for the flick with co-star Dominic Cooper. She discusses almost everything, from the costumes to her opinion about having sex in front of the camera.
Claiming the dresses she had to wear during the shooting as "an absolute nightmare" because the authentic 18th century costumes were too tight for her, she nevertheless found them helpful too. "It kind of helps because if you're feeling at all emotional then it makes it ten times worse as you can't catch your breath, so that helps in playing the scene," so she told MTV UK. "The worst part is after lunch, because they're so tight they don't help digestion which meant that Hayley [Atwell, co-star] and I were there playing these very ladylike characters but belching all over the place!"
Besides the unpleasant experience, Keira still had fun during the filming though. She honestly told MTV UK that "Sex scenes are never the easiest scenes to film and you are meant to be very supportive of each other." However, she found it funny seeing her co-star and on-screen lover Dominic came out in a "skin-colored nappy". "I just couldn't stop laughing. The director did actually come over and said: 'Come on, pull yourself together, this is a serious work here' but I could not help it - there was this man standing there in a skin-colored nappy!" she said.
Keira went on adding, "I couldn't stop laughing. He's a very good looking guy but he's standing there naked apart from a skin coloured nappy. It's the most unsexy thing ever. The director even had to ask if I could be a little more supportive and I had to say no - he's wearing a nappy!"
"The Duchess," which is of drama genre, is based on Amanda Foreman's best selling biography of Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire. The film follows the story of Keira's role Georgiana, the Fifth Duchess of Devonshire, who has an unhappy marriage with an older aristocrat and later on falls in love with Charles Grey, Dominic's role. The flick is slated to be released in the U.S. on September 19 and in the U.K. on September 5.
More Keira Knightley News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards