Keira Knightley Opens Up About Sex Scene in 'The Duchess'
Acting picky when it comes to strip off on screen, Keira Knightley has agreed to appear in intimate love scenes for her new role in the forthcoming big screen movie "The Duchess." Playing the lead character, Georgiana Spencer, she willingly shares her experience filming love scenes for the flick with co-star Dominic Cooper. She discusses almost everything, from the costumes to her opinion about having sex in front of the camera.
Claiming the dresses she had to wear during the shooting as "an absolute nightmare" because the authentic 18th century costumes were too tight for her, she nevertheless found them helpful too. "It kind of helps because if you're feeling at all emotional then it makes it ten times worse as you can't catch your breath, so that helps in playing the scene," so she told MTV UK. "The worst part is after lunch, because they're so tight they don't help digestion which meant that Hayley [Atwell, co-star] and I were there playing these very ladylike characters but belching all over the place!"
Besides the unpleasant experience, Keira still had fun during the filming though. She honestly told MTV UK that "Sex scenes are never the easiest scenes to film and you are meant to be very supportive of each other." However, she found it funny seeing her co-star and on-screen lover Dominic came out in a "skin-colored nappy". "I just couldn't stop laughing. The director did actually come over and said: 'Come on, pull yourself together, this is a serious work here' but I could not help it - there was this man standing there in a skin-colored nappy!" she said.
Keira went on adding, "I couldn't stop laughing. He's a very good looking guy but he's standing there naked apart from a skin coloured nappy. It's the most unsexy thing ever. The director even had to ask if I could be a little more supportive and I had to say no - he's wearing a nappy!"
"The Duchess," which is of drama genre, is based on Amanda Foreman's best selling biography of Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire. The film follows the story of Keira's role Georgiana, the Fifth Duchess of Devonshire, who has an unhappy marriage with an older aristocrat and later on falls in love with Charles Grey, Dominic's role. The flick is slated to be released in the U.S. on September 19 and in the U.K. on September 5.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos