Daniel Radcliffe Turned 18th, Gained Access to 20 Million Pounds Fortune
The celebration is double for Daniel Radcliffe, or triple maybe. The Harry Potter star surely is on the seventh heaven now that the fifth installment of his film, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," ranked 2nd on the weekend North American box office by Sunday July 22nd, taking in $32.5 million. Greater than that, the young actor also celebrated his 18th birthday Monday July 23rd, thus made it official for him to gain access to his £20 million fortune.
Won't reveal details on how he would celebrate his big birthday, Radcliffe does say "I'll definitely have some sort of party. Hopefully none of you will be reading about it."
But don't expect a star-studded extravagant birthday party, drinks, and lavish birthday present because Radcliffe won't have those stuffs. "I don't plan to be one of those people who, as soon as they turn 18, suddenly buy themselves a massive sports car collection or something similar. I don't think I'll be particularly extravagant. The things I like buying are things that cost 10 pounds, books, CD's, and DVD's," he said.
Radcliffe's earnings from the first five Potter films have been held in a trust fund which he has not been able to touch. And despite his abundant fortune, the star prefers to mark his 18th birthday buying himself a Fiat Punto, instead of a Rolls-Royce or a flash Lamborghini. "Daniel is very excited about coming into his fortune, but he's not going to become flash all of a sudden and go on a mad spending spree. He is quite a sensible lad and has been planning for this day for a while," the actor's friend said last month.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival