Daniel Radcliffe Turned 18th, Gained Access to 20 Million Pounds Fortune
The celebration is double for Daniel Radcliffe, or triple maybe. The Harry Potter star surely is on the seventh heaven now that the fifth installment of his film, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," ranked 2nd on the weekend North American box office by Sunday July 22nd, taking in $32.5 million. Greater than that, the young actor also celebrated his 18th birthday Monday July 23rd, thus made it official for him to gain access to his £20 million fortune.
Won't reveal details on how he would celebrate his big birthday, Radcliffe does say "I'll definitely have some sort of party. Hopefully none of you will be reading about it."
But don't expect a star-studded extravagant birthday party, drinks, and lavish birthday present because Radcliffe won't have those stuffs. "I don't plan to be one of those people who, as soon as they turn 18, suddenly buy themselves a massive sports car collection or something similar. I don't think I'll be particularly extravagant. The things I like buying are things that cost 10 pounds, books, CD's, and DVD's," he said.
Radcliffe's earnings from the first five Potter films have been held in a trust fund which he has not been able to touch. And despite his abundant fortune, the star prefers to mark his 18th birthday buying himself a Fiat Punto, instead of a Rolls-Royce or a flash Lamborghini. "Daniel is very excited about coming into his fortune, but he's not going to become flash all of a sudden and go on a mad spending spree. He is quite a sensible lad and has been planning for this day for a while," the actor's friend said last month.
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell