Newlyweds, Elizabeth Hurley & Arun Nayar, Arrived in India for Second Leg of Wedding
The celebration is not yet over for Elizabeth Hurley and her husband Arun Nayar. The newlyweds arrived in Mumbai, India, early Monday March 5th to kick off the next leg of their nuptial celebrations.
The couple, who married Friday March 2nd in a private civil ceremony at Sudeley Castle in Winchcombe, 125 miles west of London, has been tightlipped about their plans, but it is widely believed that the celebration will include a traditional "haldi" or turmeric ceremony, during which Hurley and Nayar are covered in a paste of turmeric, milk and cream to cleanse and beautify the couple.
The ceremony will be hosted by family friend Parmeshwar Godrej, wife of well-known Indian industrialist Adi Godrej, the Times of India newspaper reported. According to Godrej, the ceremony would be held in Mumbai on Monday March 5th and attended by a small group of close associates and will then be followed by a formal dinner. Wedding celebrations is said will continue Wednesday through Saturday in the city of Jodhpur at Umaid Bhavan Palace.
Hurley and Nayar are also expected to attend a "mehendi" ceremony where intricate henna designs are applied on the bride's hands a day before the lavish reception at the palace on Saturday. The pair will later on spend their 10-day honeymoon in the Seychelles.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist