AceShowbiz - Tory Lanez will have to wait a little bit longer until his sentence is given. If a new report is to be believed, the "Say It" rapper's sentencing trial in Megan Thee Stallion shooting case gets delayed for a few more weeks.
The Canadian rapper was initially scheduled to be sentenced next week. According to reporter Meghann Cuniff, he won't know the fate of his conviction until late March or April. "Tory Lanez is scheduled to be sentenced next Tuesday for shooting Megan Thee Stallion, but the sentencing will be delayed. The notice from LA Courts just now calls it only a 'hearing,' " Meghann tweeted on Friday, February 24. "DA Alex Bott tells me, 'No firm date yet but likely a date in late March to mid-April.' "
In a separate post, Meghann added, "This is not unexpected: Bott and his co-counsel Kathy Ta said in court last month that they would be willing to continue the sentencing again, depending on the availability of the trial transcripts that Lanez's attorneys need for their motion for [a] new trial."
Last year, Tory was found guilty of three charges, felony negligent discharge of a firearm, assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded and unregistered firearm. He was immediately taken to jail to await sentencing.
His legal team is currently appealing the case. "The Color Violet" emcee hired a new team of lawyers since the one for his trial doesn't handle appeals. His new attorney, Jose Baez, wishes he would have joined the case a bit sooner as he sees "numerous errors" made. He said, "Unfortunately, this is the way it is, but he's got me now and I'm certainly willing to give him everything I have; hopefully, we'll get the best result possible for him."
Tory faces up to 22 years and eight months in prison as well as deportation to Canada. He's due to be sentenced on January 27, but that date has since been rescheduled to February 28 due to a change in his legal counsel.