AceShowbiz - Jennifer Lopez's plans to hit the road this year with a new world tour have reportedly been axed due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
According to Britain's The Sun newspaper, the 50-year-old hitmaker was set to hit the road with a new world tour, but the "Love Don't Cost a Thing" hitmaker's plans have dashed due to the global health crisis.
"Jennifer was involved in talks about a series of headline UK shows which promoters believed would sell out in an instant," a source said. "Unfortunately, the current situation has thrown a spanner in the works and those talks are no longer happening at the moment. With artists being forced to cancel tours left, right and centre, it just doesn't make sense to push forward with her plans now."
Numerous stars have been affected by the pandemic, with Cher, Madonna, Mariah Carey and Billie Eilish among the acts cancelling shows, as the World Health Organisation (WHO) advises people to practice social distancing and stay home in a bid to prevent the spread of Covid-19, which has seen more than 315,000 cases registered, resulting in a death toll of over 13,500.
Earlier this week (begins March 16), Jennifer told fans on social media she was at home with 12-year-old twins Max and Emme, where she was "reading scripts, developing new projects, even working out and learning new dance routines," as she hopes to "bounce back" once the virus is eliminated.