AceShowbiz - The fallout for %cLogan Paul% continues as YouTube has announced that it is cutting all business ties with the star following the backlash surrounding his insensitive "Suicide Forest" video. In a statement released on Wednesday, January 10, a spokesperson for the video-sharing platform said Logan's multimillion-subscriber channels were being axed from Google Preferred.
"In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul's channels from Google Preferred," read the statement. "Additionally, we will not feature Logan in Season 4 of 'Foursome' and his new originals are on hold."
This leaves YouTube Red original feature "The Thinning: New World Order" in limbo. The planned sequel to Logan's YouTube Red original sci-fi thriller "The Thinning" was first announced in November and was expected to premiere on Red sometime in 2018. Meanwhile, the 22-year-old internet sensation starred alongside other social media entertainers in the YouTube Red comedy series "Foursome". The third season premiered in November last year.
A rep for Logan has not commented on the matter.
YouTube itself received backlash for its delayed response, waiting over ten days to address Logan's controversial video. The 15-minute clip, which was viewed for more than six million times before being pulled on New Year's Day, immediately ignited a social media outrage.
Logan took Twitter to apologize twice. "Suicide is not a joke," he said after deleting the video. "Depression and mental illness are not a joke. We came here with an intent to focus on the haunted aspect of the forest. This obviously just became very real, and obviously a lot of people are going through a lot of s**t in their lives."
The vlogger also said that he was taking a break from posting online content in order to "reflect." He tweeted last week, "Taking time to reflect. No vlog for now. See you soon."