Gwyneth Paltrow Lost Eyebrows in Exploded Rotisserie Incident
Gwyneth Paltrow ruined a family barbecue in 2010 and burned off her eyebrows after her brand new rotisserie exploded and had to be extinguished in the swimming pool. The Oscar-winning actress-turned-celebrity chef treated herself to her own personal spit so she could cook duck outside for family parties.
But the star, who is married to Coldplay rocker Chris Martin, faced a catastrophe when she accidentally set a tray of duck fat on fire - causing the whole thing to go up in flames before Paltrow's eyes.
She tells Britain's The Graham Norton Show, "I've been cooking for a long time now, so I'm pretty comfortable, but I actually had a horrible disaster last summer. I got this rotisserie and I wanted to rotisserie duck and it's the perfect thing because all the fat renders off and you're left with crispy duck."
"You have to put drip pans underneath the duck, but I'm such a moron that I didn't realize one of the burners was on underneath the drip pans, so one of the pans caught fire. I don't know if you've ever seen duck fat on fire, but it's like a nuclear weapon and the whole thing exploded and we had to throw bits of it in the swimming pool. I had a fire extinguisher and I lost my eyebrows."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says