Gwyneth Paltrow Lost Eyebrows in Exploded Rotisserie Incident
Gwyneth Paltrow ruined a family barbecue in 2010 and burned off her eyebrows after her brand new rotisserie exploded and had to be extinguished in the swimming pool. The Oscar-winning actress-turned-celebrity chef treated herself to her own personal spit so she could cook duck outside for family parties.
But the star, who is married to Coldplay rocker Chris Martin, faced a catastrophe when she accidentally set a tray of duck fat on fire - causing the whole thing to go up in flames before Paltrow's eyes.
She tells Britain's The Graham Norton Show, "I've been cooking for a long time now, so I'm pretty comfortable, but I actually had a horrible disaster last summer. I got this rotisserie and I wanted to rotisserie duck and it's the perfect thing because all the fat renders off and you're left with crispy duck."
"You have to put drip pans underneath the duck, but I'm such a moron that I didn't realize one of the burners was on underneath the drip pans, so one of the pans caught fire. I don't know if you've ever seen duck fat on fire, but it's like a nuclear weapon and the whole thing exploded and we had to throw bits of it in the swimming pool. I had a fire extinguisher and I lost my eyebrows."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart