Heather Mills Suffers Serious Shoulder Injury in Skiing Accident
Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has been airlifted to hospital in Austria following a serious skiing accident. The Beatles star's former partner, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, fell on the slopes on Wednesday, May 11 during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps.
The 43 year old was reportedly practicing slalom on the Moelltal Glacier when she took a tumble. Mills sustained a serious shoulder injury and was flown by helicopter to a nearby hospital in Lienz, according to local Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung.
Hospital spokesman Alfred Fast tells the publication "no surgery was necessary" and Mills is set to be transported back to her native Britain. The former model was selected for the ski team last year and she has been in training for 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia.
The accident comes just days after it emerged Mills' famous ex-husband is set to re-marry. McCartney's engagement to Nancy Shevell was announced on May 6.
Update (May 13, 2011 03:52:11 GMT): Heather Mills has left hospital and is currently recovering at her home.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'