Heather Mills Suffers Serious Shoulder Injury in Skiing Accident
Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has been airlifted to hospital in Austria following a serious skiing accident. The Beatles star's former partner, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, fell on the slopes on Wednesday, May 11 during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps.
The 43 year old was reportedly practicing slalom on the Moelltal Glacier when she took a tumble. Mills sustained a serious shoulder injury and was flown by helicopter to a nearby hospital in Lienz, according to local Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung.
Hospital spokesman Alfred Fast tells the publication "no surgery was necessary" and Mills is set to be transported back to her native Britain. The former model was selected for the ski team last year and she has been in training for 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia.
The accident comes just days after it emerged Mills' famous ex-husband is set to re-marry. McCartney's engagement to Nancy Shevell was announced on May 6.
Update (May 13, 2011 03:52:11 GMT): Heather Mills has left hospital and is currently recovering at her home.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance