Heather Mills Suffers Serious Shoulder Injury in Skiing Accident
Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has been airlifted to hospital in Austria following a serious skiing accident. The Beatles star's former partner, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, fell on the slopes on Wednesday, May 11 during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps.
The 43 year old was reportedly practicing slalom on the Moelltal Glacier when she took a tumble. Mills sustained a serious shoulder injury and was flown by helicopter to a nearby hospital in Lienz, according to local Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung.
Hospital spokesman Alfred Fast tells the publication "no surgery was necessary" and Mills is set to be transported back to her native Britain. The former model was selected for the ski team last year and she has been in training for 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia.
The accident comes just days after it emerged Mills' famous ex-husband is set to re-marry. McCartney's engagement to Nancy Shevell was announced on May 6.
Update (May 13, 2011 03:52:11 GMT): Heather Mills has left hospital and is currently recovering at her home.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby