Heather Mills Suffers Serious Shoulder Injury in Skiing Accident
Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has been airlifted to hospital in Austria following a serious skiing accident. The Beatles star's former partner, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, fell on the slopes on Wednesday, May 11 during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps.
The 43 year old was reportedly practicing slalom on the Moelltal Glacier when she took a tumble. Mills sustained a serious shoulder injury and was flown by helicopter to a nearby hospital in Lienz, according to local Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung.
Hospital spokesman Alfred Fast tells the publication "no surgery was necessary" and Mills is set to be transported back to her native Britain. The former model was selected for the ski team last year and she has been in training for 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia.
The accident comes just days after it emerged Mills' famous ex-husband is set to re-marry. McCartney's engagement to Nancy Shevell was announced on May 6.
Update (May 13, 2011 03:52:11 GMT): Heather Mills has left hospital and is currently recovering at her home.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective