Heather Mills Recovering at Home After Skiing Accident
Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills is recovering at home in Brighton, England following a serious skiing accident on Wednesday, May 11.
Mills, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, broke her right shoulder blade in several places after falling on the slopes during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps. She was flown to a nearby hospital in Lienz and allowed to return to the U.K. after doctors ruled "no surgery was necessary".
Mills has now opened up about the accident and thanked experts for the "care and assistance" she received in Austria. She says, "I crashed against a plastic pole. Normally it would not have mattered, but due to the extreme cold, it had turned hard as steel. That's skiing, you know."
"I'm tough, it will take a lot to knock me back. The care and assistance of the Austrian community was incredible and something I will never forget."
Mills' will now have to take eight weeks off from training for the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia, according to Britain's Daily Mail Online.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs