Heather Mills Recovering at Home After Skiing Accident
Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills is recovering at home in Brighton, England following a serious skiing accident on Wednesday, May 11.
Mills, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, broke her right shoulder blade in several places after falling on the slopes during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps. She was flown to a nearby hospital in Lienz and allowed to return to the U.K. after doctors ruled "no surgery was necessary".
Mills has now opened up about the accident and thanked experts for the "care and assistance" she received in Austria. She says, "I crashed against a plastic pole. Normally it would not have mattered, but due to the extreme cold, it had turned hard as steel. That's skiing, you know."
"I'm tough, it will take a lot to knock me back. The care and assistance of the Austrian community was incredible and something I will never forget."
Mills' will now have to take eight weeks off from training for the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia, according to Britain's Daily Mail Online.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern