Heather Mills Recovering at Home After Skiing Accident
Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills is recovering at home in Brighton, England following a serious skiing accident on Wednesday, May 11.
Mills, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, broke her right shoulder blade in several places after falling on the slopes during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps. She was flown to a nearby hospital in Lienz and allowed to return to the U.K. after doctors ruled "no surgery was necessary".
Mills has now opened up about the accident and thanked experts for the "care and assistance" she received in Austria. She says, "I crashed against a plastic pole. Normally it would not have mattered, but due to the extreme cold, it had turned hard as steel. That's skiing, you know."
"I'm tough, it will take a lot to knock me back. The care and assistance of the Austrian community was incredible and something I will never forget."
Mills' will now have to take eight weeks off from training for the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia, according to Britain's Daily Mail Online.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'