Heather Mills Recovering at Home After Skiing Accident
Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills is recovering at home in Brighton, England following a serious skiing accident on Wednesday, May 11.
Mills, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, broke her right shoulder blade in several places after falling on the slopes during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps. She was flown to a nearby hospital in Lienz and allowed to return to the U.K. after doctors ruled "no surgery was necessary".
Mills has now opened up about the accident and thanked experts for the "care and assistance" she received in Austria. She says, "I crashed against a plastic pole. Normally it would not have mattered, but due to the extreme cold, it had turned hard as steel. That's skiing, you know."
"I'm tough, it will take a lot to knock me back. The care and assistance of the Austrian community was incredible and something I will never forget."
Mills' will now have to take eight weeks off from training for the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia, according to Britain's Daily Mail Online.
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!