Heather Mills Recovering at Home After Skiing Accident
Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills is recovering at home in Brighton, England following a serious skiing accident on Wednesday, May 11.
Mills, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, broke her right shoulder blade in several places after falling on the slopes during training with the British Disabled Ski Team in the Austrian Alps. She was flown to a nearby hospital in Lienz and allowed to return to the U.K. after doctors ruled "no surgery was necessary".
Mills has now opened up about the accident and thanked experts for the "care and assistance" she received in Austria. She says, "I crashed against a plastic pole. Normally it would not have mattered, but due to the extreme cold, it had turned hard as steel. That's skiing, you know."
"I'm tough, it will take a lot to knock me back. The care and assistance of the Austrian community was incredible and something I will never forget."
Mills' will now have to take eight weeks off from training for the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Russia, according to Britain's Daily Mail Online.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding