Royal Family Not Allowing Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' to Use Wedding Footage
U.S. comedian Jon Stewart has revealed he was forbidden to use footage from April 29's royal wedding on his hit news program "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" - because officials feared he would mock the nuptials.
During a TV chat with British actress Keira Knightley on Monday, May 9, Stewart explained he had requested taped footage from inside Westminster Abbey in London on the big day - but the powers that be refused to let him have it.
He explained, "We were not allowed to even use the footage from inside the church. The royal family had put out, I guess they call them, a decree and they said that you are not allowed to use the footage for satirical purposes."
"They made it so you couldn't make jokes about the footage."
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes