Royal Family Not Allowing Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' to Use Wedding Footage
U.S. comedian Jon Stewart has revealed he was forbidden to use footage from April 29's royal wedding on his hit news program "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" - because officials feared he would mock the nuptials.
During a TV chat with British actress Keira Knightley on Monday, May 9, Stewart explained he had requested taped footage from inside Westminster Abbey in London on the big day - but the powers that be refused to let him have it.
He explained, "We were not allowed to even use the footage from inside the church. The royal family had put out, I guess they call them, a decree and they said that you are not allowed to use the footage for satirical purposes."
"They made it so you couldn't make jokes about the footage."
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart