Royal Family Not Allowing Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' to Use Wedding Footage
U.S. comedian Jon Stewart has revealed he was forbidden to use footage from April 29's royal wedding on his hit news program "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" - because officials feared he would mock the nuptials.
During a TV chat with British actress Keira Knightley on Monday, May 9, Stewart explained he had requested taped footage from inside Westminster Abbey in London on the big day - but the powers that be refused to let him have it.
He explained, "We were not allowed to even use the footage from inside the church. The royal family had put out, I guess they call them, a decree and they said that you are not allowed to use the footage for satirical purposes."
"They made it so you couldn't make jokes about the footage."
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd