Daniel Radcliffe Shocked by People's Reaction to His Tony Snub
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe was shocked by critics' reaction to his Tony Awards snub, insisting people acted like he should be in mourning. Theater buffs expected the young Brit to land a Best Actor nomination for his acclaimed performance in the play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", but he was left out when they were announced last week.
Radcliffe doesn't harbor any hard feelings, insisting he's flattered to even be considered as a viable candidate among this year's nominees, even if some fans and critics believe he should feel sore and bitter. He tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "The thing that shocked me was everybody else's reaction... and how they started treating me, because it was like I lost a relative. In my opinion, it was sweet, but over the top. People would ask me, 'Are you OK?' "
"I think I speak for 99 per cent of actors when I say that the reason we do this job... while it's lovely to get recognized by your peers, it's not the reason why we do it. The people that do this job for awards and recognition are kind of worshiping at the wrong altar, and I'm not really quite sure if I want to know those people."
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win