Daniel Radcliffe Shocked by People's Reaction to His Tony Snub
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe was shocked by critics' reaction to his Tony Awards snub, insisting people acted like he should be in mourning. Theater buffs expected the young Brit to land a Best Actor nomination for his acclaimed performance in the play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", but he was left out when they were announced last week.
Radcliffe doesn't harbor any hard feelings, insisting he's flattered to even be considered as a viable candidate among this year's nominees, even if some fans and critics believe he should feel sore and bitter. He tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "The thing that shocked me was everybody else's reaction... and how they started treating me, because it was like I lost a relative. In my opinion, it was sweet, but over the top. People would ask me, 'Are you OK?' "
"I think I speak for 99 per cent of actors when I say that the reason we do this job... while it's lovely to get recognized by your peers, it's not the reason why we do it. The people that do this job for awards and recognition are kind of worshiping at the wrong altar, and I'm not really quite sure if I want to know those people."
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos