Daniel Radcliffe Shocked by People's Reaction to His Tony Snub
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe was shocked by critics' reaction to his Tony Awards snub, insisting people acted like he should be in mourning. Theater buffs expected the young Brit to land a Best Actor nomination for his acclaimed performance in the play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", but he was left out when they were announced last week.
Radcliffe doesn't harbor any hard feelings, insisting he's flattered to even be considered as a viable candidate among this year's nominees, even if some fans and critics believe he should feel sore and bitter. He tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "The thing that shocked me was everybody else's reaction... and how they started treating me, because it was like I lost a relative. In my opinion, it was sweet, but over the top. People would ask me, 'Are you OK?' "
"I think I speak for 99 per cent of actors when I say that the reason we do this job... while it's lovely to get recognized by your peers, it's not the reason why we do it. The people that do this job for awards and recognition are kind of worshiping at the wrong altar, and I'm not really quite sure if I want to know those people."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?