Daniel Radcliffe Shocked by People's Reaction to His Tony Snub
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe was shocked by critics' reaction to his Tony Awards snub, insisting people acted like he should be in mourning. Theater buffs expected the young Brit to land a Best Actor nomination for his acclaimed performance in the play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", but he was left out when they were announced last week.
Radcliffe doesn't harbor any hard feelings, insisting he's flattered to even be considered as a viable candidate among this year's nominees, even if some fans and critics believe he should feel sore and bitter. He tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "The thing that shocked me was everybody else's reaction... and how they started treating me, because it was like I lost a relative. In my opinion, it was sweet, but over the top. People would ask me, 'Are you OK?' "
"I think I speak for 99 per cent of actors when I say that the reason we do this job... while it's lovely to get recognized by your peers, it's not the reason why we do it. The people that do this job for awards and recognition are kind of worshiping at the wrong altar, and I'm not really quite sure if I want to know those people."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival