Selena Gomez Urges Fans to Donate for Tornado Victims
Disney star Selena Gomez is urging her fans to donate $10 (GBP6.25) to help children affected by the recent tornadoes in America. Storms swept across six southern states last month, claiming the lives of almost 300 people and causing millions of dollars of destruction.
Gomez is keen to help the victims of the disaster, and is backing America's Save the Children's drive to help kids living in the devastated areas. In a post on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Help those effected by the tornados. Donate $10 to @SavetheChildren's Southeast U.S. division by texting 'TWISTER' to 20222 #tornado."
In another news, it was recently confirmed that Selena is one of the stars confirmed to appear at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. She joins the likes of Nicki Minaj, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Emma Stone, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel for the June 5 event.
More Selena Gomez News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'