Selena Gomez Urges Fans to Donate for Tornado Victims
Disney star Selena Gomez is urging her fans to donate $10 (GBP6.25) to help children affected by the recent tornadoes in America. Storms swept across six southern states last month, claiming the lives of almost 300 people and causing millions of dollars of destruction.
Gomez is keen to help the victims of the disaster, and is backing America's Save the Children's drive to help kids living in the devastated areas. In a post on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Help those effected by the tornados. Donate $10 to @SavetheChildren's Southeast U.S. division by texting 'TWISTER' to 20222 #tornado."
In another news, it was recently confirmed that Selena is one of the stars confirmed to appear at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. She joins the likes of Nicki Minaj, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Emma Stone, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel for the June 5 event.
More Selena Gomez News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy