Selena Gomez Urges Fans to Donate for Tornado Victims
Disney star Selena Gomez is urging her fans to donate $10 (GBP6.25) to help children affected by the recent tornadoes in America. Storms swept across six southern states last month, claiming the lives of almost 300 people and causing millions of dollars of destruction.
Gomez is keen to help the victims of the disaster, and is backing America's Save the Children's drive to help kids living in the devastated areas. In a post on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Help those effected by the tornados. Donate $10 to @SavetheChildren's Southeast U.S. division by texting 'TWISTER' to 20222 #tornado."
In another news, it was recently confirmed that Selena is one of the stars confirmed to appear at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. She joins the likes of Nicki Minaj, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Emma Stone, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel for the June 5 event.
More Selena Gomez News
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'