Selena Gomez Urges Fans to Donate for Tornado Victims
Disney star Selena Gomez is urging her fans to donate $10 (GBP6.25) to help children affected by the recent tornadoes in America. Storms swept across six southern states last month, claiming the lives of almost 300 people and causing millions of dollars of destruction.
Gomez is keen to help the victims of the disaster, and is backing America's Save the Children's drive to help kids living in the devastated areas. In a post on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Help those effected by the tornados. Donate $10 to @SavetheChildren's Southeast U.S. division by texting 'TWISTER' to 20222 #tornado."
In another news, it was recently confirmed that Selena is one of the stars confirmed to appear at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. She joins the likes of Nicki Minaj, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Emma Stone, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel for the June 5 event.
More Selena Gomez News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights