Selena Gomez Urges Fans to Donate for Tornado Victims
Disney star Selena Gomez is urging her fans to donate $10 (GBP6.25) to help children affected by the recent tornadoes in America. Storms swept across six southern states last month, claiming the lives of almost 300 people and causing millions of dollars of destruction.
Gomez is keen to help the victims of the disaster, and is backing America's Save the Children's drive to help kids living in the devastated areas. In a post on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Help those effected by the tornados. Donate $10 to @SavetheChildren's Southeast U.S. division by texting 'TWISTER' to 20222 #tornado."
In another news, it was recently confirmed that Selena is one of the stars confirmed to appear at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. She joins the likes of Nicki Minaj, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Emma Stone, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel for the June 5 event.
More Selena Gomez News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences