Tom Hardy Cracked Ribs During Movie Fight Scenes
The "Inception" star, Tom Hardy plays a mixed martial arts student in the film "Warrior", alongside Nick Nolte as his father/mentor and Joel Edgerton as his brother and fellow brawler.
The movie shoot called for some tough fight scenes between the leading actors - and Tom Hardy was so determined to make it as realistic as possible, he suffered several painful injuries on set.
He tells Empire magazine, "It was all a concern. I'm not a fighter, not at all. So for me it was a challenge. Could I achieve that kind of physicality and convince anybody in any way that I might possibly be a fighter? That was the challenge."
Edgerton adds, "There were a few hospital visits. All part of the fun."
More Tom Hardy News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media