Tom Hardy Cracked Ribs During Movie Fight Scenes
The "Inception" star, Tom Hardy plays a mixed martial arts student in the film "Warrior", alongside Nick Nolte as his father/mentor and Joel Edgerton as his brother and fellow brawler.
The movie shoot called for some tough fight scenes between the leading actors - and Tom Hardy was so determined to make it as realistic as possible, he suffered several painful injuries on set.
He tells Empire magazine, "It was all a concern. I'm not a fighter, not at all. So for me it was a challenge. Could I achieve that kind of physicality and convince anybody in any way that I might possibly be a fighter? That was the challenge."
Edgerton adds, "There were a few hospital visits. All part of the fun."
More Tom Hardy News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance