Nelly Furtado Glad Barack Obama Refused to Release Osama bin Laden Death Photo
The American leader, Barack Obama, announced on Sunday that the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks had died at the hands of the U.S. military, and he was subsequently buried at sea.
Conspiracy theorists called for Barack Obama to release a picture of bin Osama bin Laden's body to prove he really had died, but the Democrat refused, insisting U.S. officials do not want to parade images as "trophies" as it could incite retaliation attacks.
And Nelly Furtado is glad a grisly image of bin Laden with a bullet wound to the head is being kept hidden away.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "So grateful that we'll have one less violent photo circulating throughout the world. White House has good taste."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group