Nelly Furtado Glad Barack Obama Refused to Release Osama bin Laden Death Photo
The American leader, Barack Obama, announced on Sunday that the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks had died at the hands of the U.S. military, and he was subsequently buried at sea.
Conspiracy theorists called for Barack Obama to release a picture of bin Osama bin Laden's body to prove he really had died, but the Democrat refused, insisting U.S. officials do not want to parade images as "trophies" as it could incite retaliation attacks.
And Nelly Furtado is glad a grisly image of bin Laden with a bullet wound to the head is being kept hidden away.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "So grateful that we'll have one less violent photo circulating throughout the world. White House has good taste."
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2