Nelly Furtado Glad Barack Obama Refused to Release Osama bin Laden Death Photo
The American leader, Barack Obama, announced on Sunday that the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks had died at the hands of the U.S. military, and he was subsequently buried at sea.
Conspiracy theorists called for Barack Obama to release a picture of bin Osama bin Laden's body to prove he really had died, but the Democrat refused, insisting U.S. officials do not want to parade images as "trophies" as it could incite retaliation attacks.
And Nelly Furtado is glad a grisly image of bin Laden with a bullet wound to the head is being kept hidden away.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "So grateful that we'll have one less violent photo circulating throughout the world. White House has good taste."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'