John Squire Creates Josef Fritzl and Harold Shipman Art
John Squire, a renowned and respected artist, has included the two notorious criminals among artwork at a gallery display in London, titled John Squire: Celebrity.
He has used patterns and symbols inspired by the mythical eight-pointed star in place of the subject's face, and has named other pieces after actresses Lindsay Lohan and Keira Knightley, legendary director Woody Allen, and soccer superstar David Beckham.
Squire says, "It's a brief respite from the endless bombardment of celebrity images. It asks,' How often do we really need to see copies of complete strangers' faces, and why do we collectively choose those particular people?"
Harold Shipman, a family doctor, murdered 15 patients by administering lethal injections at his surgery in England. Josef Fritzl was caged for life in 2009 after pleading guilty to charges including incest and rape for keeping his daughter as a sex slave for 24 years in a basement dungeon at his home in Austria.
Squire's exhibition runs at London's Idea Generation gallery from June to July.
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'