Mel Gibson's Ex Drops Violence Claim in Custody Fight
The "Braveheart" star Mel Gibson split from Oksana Grigorieva, the mother of his daughter Lucia, early last year and she went on to accuse him of beating her in a violent domestic dispute.
The Russian singer has been fighting to alter their custody arrangements based on the battery claim ever since and the case returned to a Los Angeles court on Wednesday.
But a lawyer for Mel Gibson was left stunned when Grigorieva's lawyer Dan Horowitz announced to Judge Scott Gordon they were no longer interested in pursuing the domestic violence allegation.
Grigorieva has also had a restraining order against Gibson terminated, according to TMZ.com.
The actor, who recently revealed he was confident he would achieve "some kind of justice" in the custody fight, was sentenced to three years probation and a year of counseling in March after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor for simple battery.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones