Steven Tyler Slams 'Celebrity Rehab' Over Steven Adler Treatment
The former Guns N' Roses drummer, Steven Adler was kicked out of the band in 1989 amid rumors his drug use was hampering his performance, and he has long struggled with his addictions.
He was ordered into rehab in 2009 following a 2008 felony drug charge, and his battle to get clean was chronicled on "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" and its spin-off series Sober House.
But Steven Tyler has accused TV bosses of giving Adler cash to "act out his own messed-up state" while he was a patient at a California facility where the show was filmed.
In his new book, "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You", Tyler writes, "They wanted him to act out his own messed-up state when he entered rehab. It was ghoulish and unreal. They gave him 30 grand for the episode, he snorted it all, crashed his car, and he ended up in jail detox."
And Tyler has also questioned the programme's credibility, adding, "It didn't seem to me all that ethical using actual f**ked-up people like Steven Adler in a reality show, but who am I to say?"
"Not to mention getting trashed celebrities to mime their own self-destructive nosedives which they then sensationalize on a melo-f**king-dramatic reality show, which so traumatizes them they end up in worse shape than ever - from the drugs they bought with the money from the show."
Adler is set to join "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" for another season later this year, alongside stars including Michael Lohan and Jeremy Jackson. The rocker has told fans he wants to ensure he keeps up his recovery and stays "on the right track".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service