Britney Spears to Host Dinner for Hurricane Relief Effort
Britney Spears is hosting a traditional southern dinner to help raise funds for the ongoing Hurricane Katrina relief effort in her native Louisiana. The "Toxic" hitmaker will front the An Evening of Southern Style dinner at a private residence in Beverly Hills on May 11 in a bid to boost donations for the St. Bernard Project, an organization which builds houses for those left homeless by the devastating New Orleans hurricane in 2005.
And while Spears takes charge of the night in the dining room, her caterer father will be overseeing the cooking from the kitchen, and has devised a menu of traditional Louisiana delicacies including shrimp and grits, jambalaya and soft shell crab fish fry.
The singer says, "I am so honored to be a part of this cause. Louisiana will always be a part of my soul."
More Britney Spears News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!