Britney Spears to Host Dinner for Hurricane Relief Effort
Britney Spears is hosting a traditional southern dinner to help raise funds for the ongoing Hurricane Katrina relief effort in her native Louisiana. The "Toxic" hitmaker will front the An Evening of Southern Style dinner at a private residence in Beverly Hills on May 11 in a bid to boost donations for the St. Bernard Project, an organization which builds houses for those left homeless by the devastating New Orleans hurricane in 2005.
And while Spears takes charge of the night in the dining room, her caterer father will be overseeing the cooking from the kitchen, and has devised a menu of traditional Louisiana delicacies including shrimp and grits, jambalaya and soft shell crab fish fry.
The singer says, "I am so honored to be a part of this cause. Louisiana will always be a part of my soul."
More Britney Spears News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage