Britney Spears to Host Dinner for Hurricane Relief Effort
Britney Spears is hosting a traditional southern dinner to help raise funds for the ongoing Hurricane Katrina relief effort in her native Louisiana. The "Toxic" hitmaker will front the An Evening of Southern Style dinner at a private residence in Beverly Hills on May 11 in a bid to boost donations for the St. Bernard Project, an organization which builds houses for those left homeless by the devastating New Orleans hurricane in 2005.
And while Spears takes charge of the night in the dining room, her caterer father will be overseeing the cooking from the kitchen, and has devised a menu of traditional Louisiana delicacies including shrimp and grits, jambalaya and soft shell crab fish fry.
The singer says, "I am so honored to be a part of this cause. Louisiana will always be a part of my soul."
More Britney Spears News
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed