Britney Spears to Host Dinner for Hurricane Relief Effort
Britney Spears is hosting a traditional southern dinner to help raise funds for the ongoing Hurricane Katrina relief effort in her native Louisiana. The "Toxic" hitmaker will front the An Evening of Southern Style dinner at a private residence in Beverly Hills on May 11 in a bid to boost donations for the St. Bernard Project, an organization which builds houses for those left homeless by the devastating New Orleans hurricane in 2005.
And while Spears takes charge of the night in the dining room, her caterer father will be overseeing the cooking from the kitchen, and has devised a menu of traditional Louisiana delicacies including shrimp and grits, jambalaya and soft shell crab fish fry.
The singer says, "I am so honored to be a part of this cause. Louisiana will always be a part of my soul."
More Britney Spears News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation