Britney Spears to Host Dinner for Hurricane Relief Effort
Britney Spears is hosting a traditional southern dinner to help raise funds for the ongoing Hurricane Katrina relief effort in her native Louisiana. The "Toxic" hitmaker will front the An Evening of Southern Style dinner at a private residence in Beverly Hills on May 11 in a bid to boost donations for the St. Bernard Project, an organization which builds houses for those left homeless by the devastating New Orleans hurricane in 2005.
And while Spears takes charge of the night in the dining room, her caterer father will be overseeing the cooking from the kitchen, and has devised a menu of traditional Louisiana delicacies including shrimp and grits, jambalaya and soft shell crab fish fry.
The singer says, "I am so honored to be a part of this cause. Louisiana will always be a part of my soul."
More Britney Spears News
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo