'Gotti: Three Generations' Producers Confirm Barry Levinson as Director
The producers of the much-publicized Gotti family biopic have confirmed reports suggesting "Rain Man" director Barry Levinson has signed on to helm their star-studded film. Fiore Films boss Marc Fiore reveals Levinson will replace Nick Cassavetes, who quit the project last month. Levinson will direct John Travolta, Joe Pesci and Lindsay Lohan in "Gotti: Three Generations".
In making the official announcement on Tuesday, May 3, Fiore tells WENN, "Barry Levinson is one of the most pre-eminent directors of our generation. Barry has been a driving force in filmmaking for the past 35 years and has directed some of the most memorable movies of our time." The filmmaker adds, "What really attracted me to the story was that it was from the perspective of John Gotti Jr. You see an insider's look that I haven't seen told before."
"Gotti: Three Generations" tell the story of former Gambino crime family boss John Gotti. The drama movie will revolve around the relationship between Gotti Sr. and his son, who chooses not to live a life of crime despite his upbringing. Travolta is set to play mob boss John Gotti, Pesci takes the role of his deputy Angelo Ruggiero, and Lohan is to portray John Gotti Jr.'s wife Kim.
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii