'Gotti: Three Generations' Producers Confirm Barry Levinson as Director
The producers of the much-publicized Gotti family biopic have confirmed reports suggesting "Rain Man" director Barry Levinson has signed on to helm their star-studded film. Fiore Films boss Marc Fiore reveals Levinson will replace Nick Cassavetes, who quit the project last month. Levinson will direct John Travolta, Joe Pesci and Lindsay Lohan in "Gotti: Three Generations".
In making the official announcement on Tuesday, May 3, Fiore tells WENN, "Barry Levinson is one of the most pre-eminent directors of our generation. Barry has been a driving force in filmmaking for the past 35 years and has directed some of the most memorable movies of our time." The filmmaker adds, "What really attracted me to the story was that it was from the perspective of John Gotti Jr. You see an insider's look that I haven't seen told before."
"Gotti: Three Generations" tell the story of former Gambino crime family boss John Gotti. The drama movie will revolve around the relationship between Gotti Sr. and his son, who chooses not to live a life of crime despite his upbringing. Travolta is set to play mob boss John Gotti, Pesci takes the role of his deputy Angelo Ruggiero, and Lohan is to portray John Gotti Jr.'s wife Kim.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story