'Gotti: Three Generations' Producers Confirm Barry Levinson as Director
The producers of the much-publicized Gotti family biopic have confirmed reports suggesting "Rain Man" director Barry Levinson has signed on to helm their star-studded film. Fiore Films boss Marc Fiore reveals Levinson will replace Nick Cassavetes, who quit the project last month. Levinson will direct John Travolta, Joe Pesci and Lindsay Lohan in "Gotti: Three Generations".
In making the official announcement on Tuesday, May 3, Fiore tells WENN, "Barry Levinson is one of the most pre-eminent directors of our generation. Barry has been a driving force in filmmaking for the past 35 years and has directed some of the most memorable movies of our time." The filmmaker adds, "What really attracted me to the story was that it was from the perspective of John Gotti Jr. You see an insider's look that I haven't seen told before."
"Gotti: Three Generations" tell the story of former Gambino crime family boss John Gotti. The drama movie will revolve around the relationship between Gotti Sr. and his son, who chooses not to live a life of crime despite his upbringing. Travolta is set to play mob boss John Gotti, Pesci takes the role of his deputy Angelo Ruggiero, and Lohan is to portray John Gotti Jr.'s wife Kim.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation