Katy Perry Turns Charity Efforts to Flood Victims
Katy Perry is currently touring the world and she has been encouraging fans at her shows to give their money to good causes by purchasing special light wands to wave when she sings her hit track "Firework".
She has been raising money for aid efforts in Japan following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in March, but she is now focusing on those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia earlier this year after taking her tour Down Under.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "Adelaide! At tonight's show the purchase of my light wands will go to benefiting the Red Cross for Queensland Flood Relief!"
Katy Perry will play three shows in Australia before heading to New Zealand and then on to Japan on May 22.
More Katy Perry News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding