Katy Perry Turns Charity Efforts to Flood Victims
Katy Perry is currently touring the world and she has been encouraging fans at her shows to give their money to good causes by purchasing special light wands to wave when she sings her hit track "Firework".
She has been raising money for aid efforts in Japan following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in March, but she is now focusing on those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia earlier this year after taking her tour Down Under.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "Adelaide! At tonight's show the purchase of my light wands will go to benefiting the Red Cross for Queensland Flood Relief!"
Katy Perry will play three shows in Australia before heading to New Zealand and then on to Japan on May 22.
More Katy Perry News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3