Katy Perry Turns Charity Efforts to Flood Victims
Katy Perry is currently touring the world and she has been encouraging fans at her shows to give their money to good causes by purchasing special light wands to wave when she sings her hit track "Firework".
She has been raising money for aid efforts in Japan following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in March, but she is now focusing on those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia earlier this year after taking her tour Down Under.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "Adelaide! At tonight's show the purchase of my light wands will go to benefiting the Red Cross for Queensland Flood Relief!"
Katy Perry will play three shows in Australia before heading to New Zealand and then on to Japan on May 22.
More Katy Perry News
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer