Katy Perry Turns Charity Efforts to Flood Victims
Katy Perry is currently touring the world and she has been encouraging fans at her shows to give their money to good causes by purchasing special light wands to wave when she sings her hit track "Firework".
She has been raising money for aid efforts in Japan following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in March, but she is now focusing on those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia earlier this year after taking her tour Down Under.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "Adelaide! At tonight's show the purchase of my light wands will go to benefiting the Red Cross for Queensland Flood Relief!"
Katy Perry will play three shows in Australia before heading to New Zealand and then on to Japan on May 22.
More Katy Perry News
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship