Katy Perry Turns Charity Efforts to Flood Victims
Katy Perry is currently touring the world and she has been encouraging fans at her shows to give their money to good causes by purchasing special light wands to wave when she sings her hit track "Firework".
She has been raising money for aid efforts in Japan following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in March, but she is now focusing on those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia earlier this year after taking her tour Down Under.
In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "Adelaide! At tonight's show the purchase of my light wands will go to benefiting the Red Cross for Queensland Flood Relief!"
Katy Perry will play three shows in Australia before heading to New Zealand and then on to Japan on May 22.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed