Lykke Li Reveals 'Meltdown' Led to Tour Cancellation
Lykke Li cancelled shows in Scotland and England earlier this month and blamed the scrapped gigs on a slipped disc.
But Li has now confessed the back injury excuse is only part of the story, admitting she lost control of her emotions while food shopping, collapsed and was taken to hospital.
In a post on her website, the star explains: "I had some kind of complete meltdown... in Glasgow on one of those very rare days off while en route (to a concert)."
"For various reasons, various hardships sneaked up on me and I was standing at a (shop) aisle contemplating life and death and the struggles of being an artist/soul/woman/human being when the overbearingness sneaked up on me like Batman himself."
"I fell to the floor and so did the raspberries I had in my hand, the troubled breathing lead (sic) to some severe lumbago which meant I couldn't move and had to lay straight for a few days."
"In a Valium haze I took a flight back to my loved ones where a strong man cracked my holy spine loose and I was soon able to walk again. Little did I know it was my troubled hip joint that was the problem in the first place, so had to go back to a horizontal mode."
And her problems only worsened when she was struck down by a bout of influenza: "My body then decided Easter was the perfect time to let a god damn flu blossom out, so I spent the whole easter praying to God to get better, drinking ginger tea while watching Apocalypse Now wishing nothing more then that I could have been on that stage with you."
Li has since made a recovery and has rescheduled the scrapped gigs for this summer.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance