Lykke Li Reveals 'Meltdown' Led to Tour Cancellation
Lykke Li cancelled shows in Scotland and England earlier this month and blamed the scrapped gigs on a slipped disc.
But Li has now confessed the back injury excuse is only part of the story, admitting she lost control of her emotions while food shopping, collapsed and was taken to hospital.
In a post on her website, the star explains: "I had some kind of complete meltdown... in Glasgow on one of those very rare days off while en route (to a concert)."
"For various reasons, various hardships sneaked up on me and I was standing at a (shop) aisle contemplating life and death and the struggles of being an artist/soul/woman/human being when the overbearingness sneaked up on me like Batman himself."
"I fell to the floor and so did the raspberries I had in my hand, the troubled breathing lead (sic) to some severe lumbago which meant I couldn't move and had to lay straight for a few days."
"In a Valium haze I took a flight back to my loved ones where a strong man cracked my holy spine loose and I was soon able to walk again. Little did I know it was my troubled hip joint that was the problem in the first place, so had to go back to a horizontal mode."
And her problems only worsened when she was struck down by a bout of influenza: "My body then decided Easter was the perfect time to let a god damn flu blossom out, so I spent the whole easter praying to God to get better, drinking ginger tea while watching Apocalypse Now wishing nothing more then that I could have been on that stage with you."
Li has since made a recovery and has rescheduled the scrapped gigs for this summer.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger