Lykke Li Reveals 'Meltdown' Led to Tour Cancellation
Lykke Li cancelled shows in Scotland and England earlier this month and blamed the scrapped gigs on a slipped disc.
But Li has now confessed the back injury excuse is only part of the story, admitting she lost control of her emotions while food shopping, collapsed and was taken to hospital.
In a post on her website, the star explains: "I had some kind of complete meltdown... in Glasgow on one of those very rare days off while en route (to a concert)."
"For various reasons, various hardships sneaked up on me and I was standing at a (shop) aisle contemplating life and death and the struggles of being an artist/soul/woman/human being when the overbearingness sneaked up on me like Batman himself."
"I fell to the floor and so did the raspberries I had in my hand, the troubled breathing lead (sic) to some severe lumbago which meant I couldn't move and had to lay straight for a few days."
"In a Valium haze I took a flight back to my loved ones where a strong man cracked my holy spine loose and I was soon able to walk again. Little did I know it was my troubled hip joint that was the problem in the first place, so had to go back to a horizontal mode."
And her problems only worsened when she was struck down by a bout of influenza: "My body then decided Easter was the perfect time to let a god damn flu blossom out, so I spent the whole easter praying to God to get better, drinking ginger tea while watching Apocalypse Now wishing nothing more then that I could have been on that stage with you."
Li has since made a recovery and has rescheduled the scrapped gigs for this summer.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'