David Beckham Thrilled By Royal Wedding Invitation
Los Angeles Galaxy player David Beckham and his singer-turned-fashion designer wife Victoria are on the guestlist for Prince William and Kate Middleton's nuptials at London's Westminster Abbey.
And the sportsman is honoured to be among the congregation, because he was brought up in a fiercely pro-monarchy family in England.
In a video posted on his Facebook.com page, titled "Looking forward to the Royal Wedding this Friday", Beckham says, "I think, you know, a royal wedding - it's amazing. It really is amazing. Our country needs it, our country wants it. The British public love the royal family.
"I was brought up around the royal family and around loving the royal family with my grandad, my nan. You know, I took my nan and grandad to Buckingham Palace when I got my OBE and they were so proud and it means so much to them. My grandad served his country and they were so proud of that... And to see there is going to be (a royal wedding) now - it's fantastic."
More David Beckham News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen