David Beckham Thrilled By Royal Wedding Invitation
Los Angeles Galaxy player David Beckham and his singer-turned-fashion designer wife Victoria are on the guestlist for Prince William and Kate Middleton's nuptials at London's Westminster Abbey.
And the sportsman is honoured to be among the congregation, because he was brought up in a fiercely pro-monarchy family in England.
In a video posted on his Facebook.com page, titled "Looking forward to the Royal Wedding this Friday", Beckham says, "I think, you know, a royal wedding - it's amazing. It really is amazing. Our country needs it, our country wants it. The British public love the royal family.
"I was brought up around the royal family and around loving the royal family with my grandad, my nan. You know, I took my nan and grandad to Buckingham Palace when I got my OBE and they were so proud and it means so much to them. My grandad served his country and they were so proud of that... And to see there is going to be (a royal wedding) now - it's fantastic."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March