David Beckham Thrilled By Royal Wedding Invitation
Los Angeles Galaxy player David Beckham and his singer-turned-fashion designer wife Victoria are on the guestlist for Prince William and Kate Middleton's nuptials at London's Westminster Abbey.
And the sportsman is honoured to be among the congregation, because he was brought up in a fiercely pro-monarchy family in England.
In a video posted on his Facebook.com page, titled "Looking forward to the Royal Wedding this Friday", Beckham says, "I think, you know, a royal wedding - it's amazing. It really is amazing. Our country needs it, our country wants it. The British public love the royal family.
"I was brought up around the royal family and around loving the royal family with my grandad, my nan. You know, I took my nan and grandad to Buckingham Palace when I got my OBE and they were so proud and it means so much to them. My grandad served his country and they were so proud of that... And to see there is going to be (a royal wedding) now - it's fantastic."
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection