David Beckham Thrilled By Royal Wedding Invitation
Los Angeles Galaxy player David Beckham and his singer-turned-fashion designer wife Victoria are on the guestlist for Prince William and Kate Middleton's nuptials at London's Westminster Abbey.
And the sportsman is honoured to be among the congregation, because he was brought up in a fiercely pro-monarchy family in England.
In a video posted on his Facebook.com page, titled "Looking forward to the Royal Wedding this Friday", Beckham says, "I think, you know, a royal wedding - it's amazing. It really is amazing. Our country needs it, our country wants it. The British public love the royal family.
"I was brought up around the royal family and around loving the royal family with my grandad, my nan. You know, I took my nan and grandad to Buckingham Palace when I got my OBE and they were so proud and it means so much to them. My grandad served his country and they were so proud of that... And to see there is going to be (a royal wedding) now - it's fantastic."
More David Beckham News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story