Lady GaGa to Donate $1 Million to Charity
The "Just Dance" hitmaker, Lady GaGa, is teaming up with bosses at the Robin Hood Foundation to hand the generous donation to one of five New York City charities set up to help homeless youth.
The pop star has asked her devotees to vote for the organisation which most deserves the money in a poll on her Facebook page.
The winner, to be announced at a Robin Hood Foundation gala on 9 May, will receive $500,000 (GBP313,000) over a two-year period, while the other charities will receive smaller grants.
Lady says, "I'm thrilled to be working with the Robin Hood Foundation to distribute funds to help the youth of New York City. NYC is my hometown and I think investing in these kids' future will go a long way."
More Lady GaGa News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs