Lady GaGa to Donate $1 Million to Charity
The "Just Dance" hitmaker, Lady GaGa, is teaming up with bosses at the Robin Hood Foundation to hand the generous donation to one of five New York City charities set up to help homeless youth.
The pop star has asked her devotees to vote for the organisation which most deserves the money in a poll on her Facebook page.
The winner, to be announced at a Robin Hood Foundation gala on 9 May, will receive $500,000 (GBP313,000) over a two-year period, while the other charities will receive smaller grants.
Lady says, "I'm thrilled to be working with the Robin Hood Foundation to distribute funds to help the youth of New York City. NYC is my hometown and I think investing in these kids' future will go a long way."
More Lady GaGa News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service