Donnie Wahlberg Helps Fan Find Kidney Donor
The New Kids On The Block singer, Donnie Wahlberg, brother of actor Mark Wahlberg, heard about the case of Bobbette Miller, from Nashville, Tennessee, when a number of followers posted him a link to her online blog.
Wahlberg was so moved by her story, he uploaded a message to his Twitter page appealing for possible donors to come forward in a bid to find Miller a kidney transplant.
The message prompted a flood of enquiries to Nashville's Vanderbilt University Medical Center and six matches were found.
Miller is now scheduled for a transplant in June and Wahlberg is delighted to have been able to help.
He tells the Boston Herald, "Basically, a few of my Twitter followers 're-Tweeted' a blog (called Love Can Do Anything) about a fan named Bobbette who was in desperate need of a kidney transplant. So I saw the 'Tweet', read the link and then 're-Tweeted' and asked for help... (It was a) team effort."
"It's a testament to the value of Twitter when used for more than telling people what one is eating for dinner or using it to sell products."
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck