Donnie Wahlberg Helps Fan Find Kidney Donor
The New Kids On The Block singer, Donnie Wahlberg, brother of actor Mark Wahlberg, heard about the case of Bobbette Miller, from Nashville, Tennessee, when a number of followers posted him a link to her online blog.
Wahlberg was so moved by her story, he uploaded a message to his Twitter page appealing for possible donors to come forward in a bid to find Miller a kidney transplant.
The message prompted a flood of enquiries to Nashville's Vanderbilt University Medical Center and six matches were found.
Miller is now scheduled for a transplant in June and Wahlberg is delighted to have been able to help.
He tells the Boston Herald, "Basically, a few of my Twitter followers 're-Tweeted' a blog (called Love Can Do Anything) about a fan named Bobbette who was in desperate need of a kidney transplant. So I saw the 'Tweet', read the link and then 're-Tweeted' and asked for help... (It was a) team effort."
"It's a testament to the value of Twitter when used for more than telling people what one is eating for dinner or using it to sell products."
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday