Donnie Wahlberg Helps Fan Find Kidney Donor
The New Kids On The Block singer, Donnie Wahlberg, brother of actor Mark Wahlberg, heard about the case of Bobbette Miller, from Nashville, Tennessee, when a number of followers posted him a link to her online blog.
Wahlberg was so moved by her story, he uploaded a message to his Twitter page appealing for possible donors to come forward in a bid to find Miller a kidney transplant.
The message prompted a flood of enquiries to Nashville's Vanderbilt University Medical Center and six matches were found.
Miller is now scheduled for a transplant in June and Wahlberg is delighted to have been able to help.
He tells the Boston Herald, "Basically, a few of my Twitter followers 're-Tweeted' a blog (called Love Can Do Anything) about a fan named Bobbette who was in desperate need of a kidney transplant. So I saw the 'Tweet', read the link and then 're-Tweeted' and asked for help... (It was a) team effort."
"It's a testament to the value of Twitter when used for more than telling people what one is eating for dinner or using it to sell products."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune