Donnie Wahlberg Helps Fan Find Kidney Donor
The New Kids On The Block singer, Donnie Wahlberg, brother of actor Mark Wahlberg, heard about the case of Bobbette Miller, from Nashville, Tennessee, when a number of followers posted him a link to her online blog.
Wahlberg was so moved by her story, he uploaded a message to his Twitter page appealing for possible donors to come forward in a bid to find Miller a kidney transplant.
The message prompted a flood of enquiries to Nashville's Vanderbilt University Medical Center and six matches were found.
Miller is now scheduled for a transplant in June and Wahlberg is delighted to have been able to help.
He tells the Boston Herald, "Basically, a few of my Twitter followers 're-Tweeted' a blog (called Love Can Do Anything) about a fan named Bobbette who was in desperate need of a kidney transplant. So I saw the 'Tweet', read the link and then 're-Tweeted' and asked for help... (It was a) team effort."
"It's a testament to the value of Twitter when used for more than telling people what one is eating for dinner or using it to sell products."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'