Donnie Wahlberg Helps Fan Find Kidney Donor
The New Kids On The Block singer, Donnie Wahlberg, brother of actor Mark Wahlberg, heard about the case of Bobbette Miller, from Nashville, Tennessee, when a number of followers posted him a link to her online blog.
Wahlberg was so moved by her story, he uploaded a message to his Twitter page appealing for possible donors to come forward in a bid to find Miller a kidney transplant.
The message prompted a flood of enquiries to Nashville's Vanderbilt University Medical Center and six matches were found.
Miller is now scheduled for a transplant in June and Wahlberg is delighted to have been able to help.
He tells the Boston Herald, "Basically, a few of my Twitter followers 're-Tweeted' a blog (called Love Can Do Anything) about a fan named Bobbette who was in desperate need of a kidney transplant. So I saw the 'Tweet', read the link and then 're-Tweeted' and asked for help... (It was a) team effort."
"It's a testament to the value of Twitter when used for more than telling people what one is eating for dinner or using it to sell products."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle