Aracde Fire Lost Innovative Video Honor to Andy Grammer at O Music Awards Early Winning
An up-and-coming singer has seen off competition from rock bands Arcade Fire and OK Go to pick up the first prize of MTV's inaugural O Music Awards. Andy Grammer won the Most Innovative Video honor for his "Keep Your Head Up" promo ahead of the first annual ceremony, created to celebrate digital music.
A panel of judges, including producer Jermaine Dupri and music video director Wayne Isham, picked Grammer over other established acts such as Swedish pop star Robyn and Arcade Fire.
"American Idol" star Adam Lambert has also been announced as another early winner, taking gold in the Favorite Tumblr category. Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber and Kanye West are among the nominees fighting for the remaining prizes, to be announced in an MTV.com broadcast on Thursday, April 28.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones