Aracde Fire Lost Innovative Video Honor to Andy Grammer at O Music Awards Early Winning
An up-and-coming singer has seen off competition from rock bands Arcade Fire and OK Go to pick up the first prize of MTV's inaugural O Music Awards. Andy Grammer won the Most Innovative Video honor for his "Keep Your Head Up" promo ahead of the first annual ceremony, created to celebrate digital music.
A panel of judges, including producer Jermaine Dupri and music video director Wayne Isham, picked Grammer over other established acts such as Swedish pop star Robyn and Arcade Fire.
"American Idol" star Adam Lambert has also been announced as another early winner, taking gold in the Favorite Tumblr category. Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber and Kanye West are among the nominees fighting for the remaining prizes, to be announced in an MTV.com broadcast on Thursday, April 28.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer