Aracde Fire Lost Innovative Video Honor to Andy Grammer at O Music Awards Early Winning
An up-and-coming singer has seen off competition from rock bands Arcade Fire and OK Go to pick up the first prize of MTV's inaugural O Music Awards. Andy Grammer won the Most Innovative Video honor for his "Keep Your Head Up" promo ahead of the first annual ceremony, created to celebrate digital music.
A panel of judges, including producer Jermaine Dupri and music video director Wayne Isham, picked Grammer over other established acts such as Swedish pop star Robyn and Arcade Fire.
"American Idol" star Adam Lambert has also been announced as another early winner, taking gold in the Favorite Tumblr category. Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber and Kanye West are among the nominees fighting for the remaining prizes, to be announced in an MTV.com broadcast on Thursday, April 28.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip