Aracde Fire Lost Innovative Video Honor to Andy Grammer at O Music Awards Early Winning
An up-and-coming singer has seen off competition from rock bands Arcade Fire and OK Go to pick up the first prize of MTV's inaugural O Music Awards. Andy Grammer won the Most Innovative Video honor for his "Keep Your Head Up" promo ahead of the first annual ceremony, created to celebrate digital music.
A panel of judges, including producer Jermaine Dupri and music video director Wayne Isham, picked Grammer over other established acts such as Swedish pop star Robyn and Arcade Fire.
"American Idol" star Adam Lambert has also been announced as another early winner, taking gold in the Favorite Tumblr category. Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber and Kanye West are among the nominees fighting for the remaining prizes, to be announced in an MTV.com broadcast on Thursday, April 28.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set