Aracde Fire Lost Innovative Video Honor to Andy Grammer at O Music Awards Early Winning
An up-and-coming singer has seen off competition from rock bands Arcade Fire and OK Go to pick up the first prize of MTV's inaugural O Music Awards. Andy Grammer won the Most Innovative Video honor for his "Keep Your Head Up" promo ahead of the first annual ceremony, created to celebrate digital music.
A panel of judges, including producer Jermaine Dupri and music video director Wayne Isham, picked Grammer over other established acts such as Swedish pop star Robyn and Arcade Fire.
"American Idol" star Adam Lambert has also been announced as another early winner, taking gold in the Favorite Tumblr category. Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber and Kanye West are among the nominees fighting for the remaining prizes, to be announced in an MTV.com broadcast on Thursday, April 28.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary