Larry Fortensky Reveals Dame Elizabeth Taylor Marriage Struggles
The Hollywood legend, Elizabeth Taylor who died last month, met the building site labourer Larry Fortensky while they were both in rehab at the Betty Ford Clinic in California. They married in 1991 and spent five years as husband and wife before divorcing in 1996.
Larry Fortensky kept up his job during the early days of their romance and he now reveals Dame Elizabeth Taylor insisted on sending him a chef-prepared lunch in a limo, much to the amusement of his co-workers.
He tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "It was so embarrassing. The guys would rib me about it. I'd tell her not to but she kept on doing it."
Fortensky also struggled to buy his wife presents and as she gifted him with cars and motorcycles, he attempted to buy her affordable but entertaining items: "I knew I couldn't compete with Elizabeth so I didn't try. When she gave me the (Harley Davidson) bike I gave her chocolate-covered roses. Another year I bought her a baby lop-eared bunny which she loved. When we went to England for her birthday I bought her a Shih-tzu called Sugar. She loved that dog."
He admits the marriage began to falter after he give up his job as he was never able to get used to the attention that came with marrying a famous actress. He adds, "Everywhere we went there were cameras. Elizabeth would put lipstick on constantly because she said she never knew when she was being photographed. I found it hard. It wasn't my cup of tea, those cameras everywhere. Elizabeth was used to it. I never got used to it."
But Fortensky still holds fond memories of their time together, including days when they would go for long rides on his motorcycle in California and escape her fame for a few hours: "She would wear a helmet and no one knew who she was. We could be alone and free... People would pretend not to know who she was. Elizabeth loved that. She loved a burger and a beer. She was down-to-earth, or at least as much as she could be for someone who'd been a star since she was a kid."
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface