'Only Fools and Horses' Stars Pay Tribute to John Sullivan
The 64-year-old writer John Sullivan passed away at a private hospital in Surrey, England, six weeks after he was admitted to treat a bout of viral pneumonia. He is survived by his wife, Sharron, as well as two sons and a daughter.
"Only Fools and Horses" star Sir David Jason, who played Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter, admitted he was "totally devastated to hear of dear John's death", adding in a statement, "We have lost the country's greatest comedy writer, but he leaves us a great legacy, the gift of laughter. My thoughts at this time are with his lovely family."
John Challis, who starred as Boycie in both "Only Fools and Horses" and spin-off series "The Green Green Grass", tells British radio station BBC 5 Live, "It was a terrible shock for us... because it's the 30th anniversary of 'Only Fools and Horses', and John has been part of our lives all that time."
"It's been an absolute joy and privilege trying to interpret the writing which not only made you laugh but also made you cry. And he could look at everybody's experiences, even the most tragic experience in people's lives - and still make you smile at them, and make you think things aren't so bad. It's a great loss."
And Roger Lloyd-Pack, who played Trigger in the classic comedy, adds, "He was a craftsman and those lines didn't just fall out. He chiseled them and honed them. And they were very particular."
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip