Daft Punk Ferrari and Katy Perry's Cupcake Trampoline Fetch Thousands at Auction
Bosses at record company EMI raided their storage vaults and asked all artists to donate items for the 10-day eBay.com sale, which ended on Thursday.
French electronic duo Daft Punk offered up the black sports car and Katy Perry donated the cupcake trampoline prop she is currently using as a setpiece on her California Dreams tour.
The Ferrari went under the hammer for $40,960 ($25,600), while Katy Perry's colourful item fetched $4,966 (GBP3,104).
But the winning bidder for the pop star's trampoline faces a wait for the odd item - it won't be available until after Katy Perry completes her tour in January, 2012.
Other big items sold on Thursday included a limited edition Beatles Sting-Ray bicycle, which featured animation from That sold for $3,280 (GBP2,050). And one Dean Martin fan paid $1,473 (GBP921) for the chance to record a duet with Dino at the legendary Capitol Studios.
Signed guitars donated by Norah Jones and Willie Nelson, and David Bowie and Duran Duran memorabilia also went under the hammer.
All proceeds from the online auction will benefit earthquake/tsunami relief charities in Japan.
More Daft Punk News
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'