Lee Ryan Slams Accusation He's Not Paying for Love Child
A representative for Lee Ryan has defended the British pop star after he was accused of failing to keep up with maintenance payments for his lovechild - revealing the singer "has not been earning much money" recently.
The Blue star is engaged to current partner Samantha Miller, the mother of his young son Rayn, but in 2009 he was shocked to discover he also fathered a daughter with ex-girlfriend Jessica Keevil. A DNA test proved Ryan's paternity and he vowed to "definitely be a part of" little Bluebelle's life, while also helping her mother out with maintenance payments.
Keevil's mother, Janet Stowell, has claimed Ryan has failed to keep up with the installments and barely sees the little girl, telling Britain's Sunday Mirror, "Lee's been a nightmare. Jess has had to battle to bring their daughter up all by herself. It's as if his own child is an inconvenience to him. Every time we ask for help he ignores us."
But a spokesman for Ryan is adamant the singer is not shirking his responsibilities, and has been struggling financially in recent months. The rep says, "Lee has being paying maintenance since he found out Bluebelle was his child. It has not been a regular amount because he has not been earning much money. Lee transferred money into Jessica's account only last week. He takes his role as father of Bluebelle very seriously."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App